General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | [70] | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mxrndl
(newbie) Sun 28-May-17 10:39:37
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

Anyone north of the border that has passed the initial screening been booked in to an assessment centre yet?

I passed my screening on April 5th, and have had the generic, "We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we havenít forgotten about you....", email at least 5/6 times since then. I understand this is a lengthy process, but just wanted to see if anyone else in Scotland was in the same position as myself.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 28-May-17 10:54:29
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

Bit of both really some people are in the bar most nights other stay in their room. During the day your in groups so you do tend to get to know the same people so in the evening people seem to stick to those same groups too. At least at meal times.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 28-May-17 11:06:50
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tvwize86:
In reply to a post by tanalq:
I got role code TMNEA. Anyone know what that means?

Where about's does it list your role code?

To all those asking about this code,its been discussed before probably 20 pages back now though.TMEA2 is the contract code,the contracts have changed twice in the last 2 years and its just the code for this new one,everyone is the same,you will either be up the poles and in customers houses which is CAL/OMI or FVR which is with the new technology and in the cabinets,both of these come under service delivery,which is what you will have had been told up to know,you will find out on first day.The majority of the 64 in my group where CAL/OMI,then there were 10 of us on FVR and i think 8 on fibre jointing.The lads on fibre jointing get prior notice as this is a 17 week training course and is a different set up they all have to go to bolton after yarnfield,if your on FVR you go back to yarnfield and then CAL?OMI is spread out around the country and they try to get you to your closest one but doesnt allways work out that way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Sun 28-May-17 11:33:27
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi Lincs
How is your job role determined?
Is it based on what vacancies need filling in your area at that time or is it based on previous experience?
Is the plan to have everyone trained in all roles eventually?
(member) Sun 28-May-17 12:05:44
Print Post

[re: Ryan6] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ryan6:
Hi Lincs
How is your job role determined?
Is it based on what vacancies need filling in your area at that time or is it based on previous experience?
Is the plan to have everyone trained in all roles eventually?

Yes in this day and age the key word is multiskilled,we had a couple of openreach engineers at our assesment day you vould ask questions to and they said that because the guys on the older contracts are on a lot more they dropped the starting wage to £20,000 but now operate a learn more earn more policy so after 12 months you can do extra courses to go up the pay scale if there is the need in your area.The initial roles are based on geographical need so if they havent got a apprentice fibre jointer or FVR in your area you will become one of those if they do you will be the more popular CAL/OMI
Standard User MC31
(member) Sun 28-May-17 12:56:31
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

" FVR which is with the new technology " ? Is it ? thats not my understanding of FVR.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Sun 28-May-17 13:42:47
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

We only wish FVR was new technology. Basically dealing with the nastiest stuff in our network and bringing up to "quality standards" if we can. FVR= Faults Volume Reduction
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 28-May-17 13:48:40
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

FVR is fault volume recovery pretty obvious what that role entails there is a volume of faults and it will be their job to reduce them.

On my intake some of the BCD guys that's Fibre jointing didn't know they would be doing that. They get their van a lot later because as I understand it they have to take an additional driving course because they will be towing trailers. FVR guys get bigger vans Fists I believe but they went to pick there's up on Thursday and returned to yarnfield on Friday.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sun 28-May-17 17:29:10)

(member) Sun 28-May-17 15:48:27
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gouledw:
We only wish FVR was new technology. Basically dealing with the nastiest stuff in our network and bringing up to "quality standards" if we can. FVR= Faults Volume Reduction

We were told that being on the FVR side we would be at the forefront of the new technology aswell as fault repairs&#128512;&#128512;&#128512;u do get to do ur underground training though as part of your 11 weeks
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Mon 29-May-17 12:20:00
Print Post

[re: Ryan6] [link to this post]

I was at the assessment centre in Glasgow last Tuesday but I've still not heard anything. He said to wait the full 5 days (I assume it's business days) before emailing to chase up. Is a 5 day wait standard? Do you reply to the same person that sent me the assesment centre link if there's nothing in the 5 days? This waiting around is killer lol

Edited by MikeyGrant89 (Mon 29-May-17 16:38:27)

Pages in this thread: << 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | [70] | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to