General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | [71] | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Mon 29-May-17 15:40:18
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
I was at the assessment centre in Glasgow last Tuesday but I've still not heard anything. He said to wait the full 5 days (I assume it's business days) before emailing to chase up. Is a 5 day wait standard? Do you reply to Laura Daley, if there's nothing in the 5 days? This waiting around is killer lol

It's 5 working days, I was successful and got a phone call on the afternoon on the 5th day. It's a mobile number that will call you.
Think email you if you don't pass I think, and that's in the five days as well
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Mon 29-May-17 15:59:10
Print Post

Contact the New Hire team or who ever sent you the email to invite you to the assment. But 5 to 8 days is standard. And yes working days.

Also try not to name Bt staff on forums. Least that's what I was told.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Mon 29-May-17 16:35:34
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

Cheers lads. I'll be hoping for a phone call then. Not sure what happens with the bank holiday. I'm assuming 5 days will be Wednesday at latest.

Yeah never thought of that. I just assumed everyone got the same email from the same person.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-May-17 17:58:50
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Regarding certificates etc, scan them in to your computer etc.

Although most places insist on having sight of the original, if any fail to return those originals, having a scanned copy can be useful to obtain an authentic replacement from the issuing authority.
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Mon 29-May-17 18:01:35
Print Post

I was informed by email that I was successful so look out for that too
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Tue 30-May-17 12:33:12
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

After reading a lot about these exams being thrown at you and if you fail then you're thrown out, I find it hard to believe?

Surely, they cannot offer you a job when you have to pass tests in order to get it? Wouldn't this be explained in your offer letter? 'You are being offered the position subject to successful completion of the relevant written and practical tests'.
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 17:51:34
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

I think it just comes under the banner of 'successful completion of training'. At my interview one of the recruiters said focus on quality, safety, punctuality and customer service and you can't go wrong
Standard User MC31
(member) Tue 30-May-17 18:09:48
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

True Fault Volume Reduction is doing joint remakes and cable change overs so i dont get were this new technology comes from ?

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 30-May-17 18:10:17
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GDLuke:
I think it just comes under the banner of 'successful completion of training'. At my interview one of the recruiters said focus on quality, safety, punctuality and customer service and you can't go wrong

You cant fail the tests there just to see where you are academicaly,you can fail the driver assesment but it just means you have to be monitored by the AA guy again,the only real thing that can do you is the streetworks ticket and thats because it is a course,it costs around £800 to do the NRSWA ticket so they are paying a lot to get you a recognized qualification that you can still use if you leave BT so they can say if we pay for it for you and pay for a resit,what else can they do,you cant work on your own on a street without it so you couldnt do your job.They could mention it in the assesment though to be fair just to give you a heads up
Standard User partial
(experienced) Tue 30-May-17 18:37:55
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

I gotta a hunch that they will be reloading cabs prior to gfast. So it is sort of at the forefront of tech.
Pages in this thread: << 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | [71] | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to