General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | [72] | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 30-May-17 18:44:46
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MC31:
True Fault Volume Reduction is doing joint remakes and cable change overs so i dont get were this new technology comes from ?

We were told that its finding faults obviously but also changing over old hardware in the cabs to new.obviously first 2 weeks is all generic to openreach policy so they dont really touch down on job specifics until you go back on week 3 and start FVR training so hopefully i will have more of an understanding then.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 30-May-17 19:57:13
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

This has been discussed today basically you get two chances first time you fail they do their best to get to the reasons why and make sure it does'nt happen again.

Week 2 day 1 pretty good really still admin more than anything else but lots of answers to lots of questions.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 20:25:05
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

I just got the following email after chasing up. Not sure what to think with this. They are still advertising for my area so really confused.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to attend the assessment.

I am glad to confirm that you did indeed pass the assessment.

Currently we do not have a role in your area due to the strict travel policy. We will keep your details on file for the rest of the campaign and should a role become available we will certainly be in touch.

Congratulations again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 20:36:15
Print Post

The job has been taken down now so I'm guessing another lad got the role and I'm on the back burner incase something else comes up. It's a bit frustrating since we were told there is a job for everyone that was at the assessment centre.
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 20:59:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
I just got the following email after chasing up. Not sure what to think with this. They are still advertising for my area so really confused.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to attend the assessment.

I am glad to confirm that you did indeed pass the assessment.

Currently we do not have a role in your area due to the strict travel policy. We will keep your details on file for the rest of the campaign and should a role become available we will certainly be in touch.

Congratulations again.

How far away was the post? Cause my posting is going to be nearly 40miles from my home address and when I questioned it they said up to 1 hour away from home is fine.
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:06:12
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

I applied for a post that was 2 miles away from my home. There was also another post 14 miles away and another 30 miles away. Sounds like a nice way of saying no. I've had a read through this thread and this is the first time I've came across this. Think I'll have to take it as a no and look elsewhere. Pretty gutted as I put a lot of work into the the whole application and the idea of working at Openreach.
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:08:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
The job has been taken down now so I'm guessing another lad got the role and I'm on the back burner incase something else comes up. It's a bit frustrating since we were told there is a job for everyone that was at the assessment centre.

A job for everyone that passes as long as there is need for an apprentice,at an exchange near you they prob forgot to add,even if you pass they wont give you a job thats too far away as it cost them loads in fuel so easier to give it to someone else whos passed that lives nearer,your the first person to come on here thats had that,its interesting as you have done the hard part so a bit unfair that,hope you hear something soon mate
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:13:43
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

How far away was the post? Cause my posting is going to be nearly 40miles from my home address and when I questioned it they said up to 1 hour away from home is fine.

They tell you that your jobs are based in a circle of sorts so you will start out at home and in theory work round and back to home so you wont have to travel to exchange everyday,thats what they told us anyway.
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:14:42
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

There was quite a few lads from my area in both the am and pm groups. There was 3 jobs in my area advertised so I can only assume that I didn't make top 3 but still passed. Bit of a strange one and pretty frustrating!
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:19:19
Print Post

Yea it is strange because they knew how many they were putting through from the same area,but they prob put more through than there is jobs incase people bail out so they dont have to do the assesments again so must have a back up list but they must realise that you have allready waited ages probably,mine took 10 months from application to start date som over a year,but once i passed the assesment day i pretty much wound down my previous job but you cant hang on forever.Might be worth contacting the hire team manager who sent you the email just to see if theres any chance of a start or if indeed your on some sort of back up list
Pages in this thread: << 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | [72] | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to