General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | [73] | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:19:58
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
How far away was the post? Cause my posting is going to be nearly 40miles from my home address and when I questioned it they said up to 1 hour away from home is fine.

They tell you that your jobs are based in a circle of sorts so you will start out at home and in theory work round and back to home so you wont have to travel to exchange everyday,thats what they told us anyway.

That makes some sense. My thinking is it's in their best interests to get me jobs closer to home to save on fuel. Would end up 400 miles a week if I was going up to the exchange and back 5 days a week.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:21:51
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

i think you only need to go back for supplies as everything is done by phone/laptop its just each exchange probably has so many staff attached to it.
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:23:15
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
There was quite a few lads from my area in both the am and pm groups. There was 3 jobs in my area advertised so I can only assume that I didn't make top 3 but still passed. Bit of a strange one and pretty frustrating!

Sorry to here mate, but try keep you chin up. The hard part of the assessment is over. Alot of people on here have had up to a year wait. Fingers crossed some one drops out or a position opens up soon for you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:25:20
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Where are you next week then ape,are you off to a CAL/OMI training centre or back down to Yarnfield.Did they put you in a different block this week,those on 2nd week tended to get better rooms in the refurbed blocks.Hows the 3 buffets a day treating you:):):):):):):):):):):)smile
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:27:06
Print Post

Yea it is strange because they knew how many they were putting through from the same area,but they prob put more through than there is jobs incase people bail out so they dont have to do the assesments again so must have a back up list but they must realise that you have allready waited ages probably,mine took 10 months from application to start date som over a year,but once i passed the assesment day i pretty much wound down my previous job but you cant hang on forever.Might be worth contacting the hire team manager who sent you the email just to see if theres any chance of a start or if indeed your on some sort of back up list

I emailed the lady that sent me the invite to the assessment centre to see what was happening as it had been 5 working days. It was her that gave me that reply about no jobs in the area. I've sent a reply so I'll see what she says tomorrow
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:28:38
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tvwize86:
There was quite a few lads from my area in both the am and pm groups. There was 3 jobs in my area advertised so I can only assume that I didn't make top 3 but still passed. Bit of a strange one and pretty frustrating!

Sorry to here mate, but try keep you chin up. The hard part of the assessment is over. Alot of people on here have had up to a year wait. Fingers crossed some one drops out or a position opens up soon for you.

Apparantley they have quite a few no showers even right up to getting collected at the train station on the first sunday night.A few hasnt listened to the strict holiday rules aswel so chose there holiday over the job but i suppose if you didnt realise and had spent a few grand you wasnt going to get back it would be a hard choice for some.There was a few sweating in out group as they were ringing there missus's telling them the trip away was off smile:):):):)smile
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:30:45
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

Yea it is strange because they knew how many they were putting through from the same area,but they prob put more through than there is jobs incase people bail out so they dont have to do the assesments again so must have a back up list but they must realise that you have allready waited ages probably,mine took 10 months from application to start date som over a year,but once i passed the assesment day i pretty much wound down my previous job but you cant hang on forever.Might be worth contacting the hire team manager who sent you the email just to see if theres any chance of a start or if indeed your on some sort of back up list

I emailed the lady that sent me the invite to the assessment centre to see what was happening as it had been 5 working days. It was her that gave me that reply about no jobs in the area. I've sent a reply so I'll see what she says tomorrow

yea do that but whatever the outcome try not to post anything with BT employees names on it or anyone you have contacted as its not allowed
Standard User Williams1995
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 21:36:29
Print Post

I was just wondering what week do you do your "NRSWA ticket" and I presume they give you all the information to give you the best chance of passing? Also what week do you do your buddying?
(member) Tue 30-May-17 21:42:23
Print Post

[re: Williams1995] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Williams1995:
I was just wondering what week do you do your "NRSWA ticket" and I presume they give you all the information to give you the best chance of passing? Also what week do you do your buddying?

It depends what role you are given on your first day as the 3 different roles ahve different training programmes,mine is 2 weeks at yarnfield followed by another 2 weeks at yarnfield then buddying for a week then back to yarnfield and it mixes it up like that,i believe the CAL/OMI lads were 2 weeks in yarnfield then week 3 at local assesment centre then week 4 buddying but im not sure on that,its not told till you get there so ignore that training matrix you get sent by email before you go as most peoples changed when they got there and some peoples training centre after yarnfield changed aswell,its not great to be honest you go down for 2 weeks whatever your role to learn the generic openreach stuff then told on day 1 your training plan so best advice is to not plan anything until you get there then you will see where you are for next 11/12/or 17 weeks depending on what your doing
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Tue 30-May-17 22:01:52
Print Post

If I end up with 17 weeks away training, I think I won't be telling the heavily pregnant wife! I would be getting a good kicking off her.

Quick question, does any one know if they give full pay for the 2 weeks pertanaty leave or is it just statuary pay from the government?
Pages in this thread: << 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | [73] | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to