General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | [80] | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 02-Jun-17 18:17:16
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bjt1992:
Lads,

I know there's been loads of posts about this but I dont fancy trawling through 70 odd pages of posts haha

Can anyone give me some info about the Video Interview please. When I applied last January obviously I didn't have to do it but I've suggested one of my mates should apply and he has been sent the link to do the video interview and is after some advice. Any info would be great !

Its all quite straight forward you are asked 5 questions varying from telling them stuff about yourself to the obvious why do you want to work for openreach question.Its set up like a skype call apart from you see yourself on the screen and in the top corner,so make sure your screen is set up properly and looking into the webcam,it gives you chance to set this up.Wear something smart on top half anyway as this is the first time someone will see you from recruitment so need to make a good impression,also tell your mate to answer clearly and not mumble and relax its not hard and bt arent trying to trip anyone up.I do know people who havent got past this part so it is quite important on your progression to a start.
Standard User benstoke89
(newbie) Fri 02-Jun-17 18:29:09
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
In reply to a post by benstoke89:
Had an email just saying I passed and welcome to the program!
They just asked what my notice period is, and summer holidays etc.
Havent got any holidays planned over summer, and only on a 2 week notice - so hope the date is pretty soon!

Well done mate,evryone is supposed to get a phonecall if they pass,they must be really busy now,your start date will depend on how desperate an apprentice is needed in your area,if one is just about to finish their training or they havent had one for a bit you will get bumped up the list,there has been a few that passed but then there was no requirement for an apprentice so they had to wait,i was 4 weeks others 8 months it can vary loads,the hard work is done for a bit now mate,its just a waiting game smile

Haha I hope it's soon! There was and still is loads of different areas where I am, all within a 10 minute drive. So I'm hoping there is the need! She also asked about "summer" holidays and asked how early I could start so will see! Thanks for the reply pal!
Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Fri 02-Jun-17 20:25:28
Print Post

Just had what must be my 6th maybe 7th
"We're still considering your application for vacancies in your area and we are in the process of selecting candidates for our assessment centres.... we'll be in touch in two weeks" email

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User davek19
(learned) Fri 02-Jun-17 20:28:17
Print Post

[re: Ryan6] [link to this post]

Same here mate. Had my 5th today. Yet they are still advertising for the job in my area. Losing all hope to be honest
Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Fri 02-Jun-17 20:35:18
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

I keep telling myself there mustn't be any demand in my area for new staff at the moment
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 02-Jun-17 22:58:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ryan6:
I keep telling myself there mustn't be any demand in my area for new staff at the moment
[/quotA
After i got my start date though i then got 2 seperate emails for start dates again and holiday requests even though i had started at yarnfield,as i hadnt been taken off the system and was still in the filter as passed assesment and ready for start!!!it is quite a messed up process to be honest and a lot of unanswered questions until you actually get to yarnfield,hang in there i know at least 5 lads who passed last year and only started this may,i had to wait 10 months from original application,but only 1 month after assesment but its just how bad they need people,in your area,it may say there is vacancies but im not sure how the vacancy system works as to whether there are actual jobs still available in those areas,they might not get chance to wipe them off due to sheer volume,all i can say is if you have a job allready,just carry on as normal and if you get the nod from bt,hand in your notice but dont say anything until you get the confirmation of start date.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 03-Jun-17 07:42:34
Print Post

I was in the position of waiting for 6 months with the string of emails telling you nothing. I had actually almost written it off myself.

I have just completed my 2 weeks at Yarnfield, which is just induction and issue of uniform, IT and van.

I have no complaints on the first 2 weeks.

A lot of people on the course had the same experience of waiting and then the positive experience of the first 2 weeks. The trainees were from every part of the UK.

Remember the number of people going through this process is quite staggering. It seems impersonal, but the amount of planning and organisation must leave the staff with no time for the personal touch.

If you really want the job, it is worth waiting for and a great opportunity for the right person.
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Sat 03-Jun-17 09:28:24
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Question to all people who have done the van driving at Yarnfield;
This is the part that I feel I wont pass on as I have only been driving a small hatchback since January after passing my test in December and been 17 I'm not looking forward to seeing the van to be honest, I'm in FVR and going back a few pages I heard the FVR people get their vans on the first Thursday if I'm correct in saying, all in all I just want to hear your experiences when driving the van and any tips as again I have only been driving since January and been 17 its quite daunting to be in a Fiat Ducato! also one final thing, is it just a drive around with someone for a bit not like a proper driving test? This would clear a lot of things up for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys
Standard User mxrndl
(newbie) Sat 03-Jun-17 10:38:27
Print Post

Ive been getting these emails since April 5th. You in Scotland by any chance?
Standard User pythonz
(learned) Sat 03-Jun-17 11:16:42
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
I'm in FVR and going back a few pages I heard the FVR people get their vans on the first Thursday

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to find out about your role before your start date ? I thought the only people who knew before hand were the one's enrolled on the fibre jointing training.
Pages in this thread: << 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | [80] | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to