General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | [89] | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 10:04:02
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

For the guys who have completed week 3 or near enough and who had their uniform delivered to home. How much stuff have you been given. Is the advice still a large case plus hold-all or will large case suffice?
Standard User Williams1995
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 10:08:37
Print Post

[re: SEts] [link to this post]

Ok thanks for your help. How come some people get there uniform delivered and others don't?
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Wed 14-Jun-17 10:43:34
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
For the guys who have completed week 3 or near enough and who had their uniform delivered to home. How much stuff have you been given. Is the advice still a large case plus hold-all or will large case suffice?

I've got all my uniform delivered ready for my start on the 19th, you get a fair amount.

1 x gore Tex "foul weather jacket"
1 x gore Tex "foul weather trousers"
2 x combat trousers
1 x shorts
3 x polo shirts
1 x jumper
1 x hardshell
1 x beanie hat
2 x boots, which are different.

And I'm still waiting delivery of
1 x full coverall
2 x tshirts.

You are told for the first week you only need to take one pair of boots and enough branded clothes to see you through class room based training. The second week you will have your van so can bring it all down.

I'm planning on taking my shorts one set of trousers, boots and the polo shirts and jumper down, and some clothes to see me though the week on the night.

I reckon a carry on plane sized suite case will do the job for the first week now they send you stuff to your house.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 11:46:16
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

I mean what do they give you there?
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Wed 14-Jun-17 11:52:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
I mean what do they give you there?

Not sure but you will have your van to bring it all home. People only suggested to take a big suitcase before as they were not sending uniform out before hand and now they are.

I guess we will get a laptop and phone, and a van load of tools!
Standard User Harpersaurus
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:35:36
Print Post

Just finished day 3 of my first week at Yarnfield.

On your first day if you haven't received uniform at home already, you'll be taken down to the kit room to pick up the bare essentials like tops, trousers and safety boots and your ID card.

You'll then be taken outside to get a bag that will contain all your PPE. You'll also get your laptop and phone which you'll set up on that day, you will also get your handheld tester but we've been told to not open the packaging for those until we get our vans as they'll all be chucked onto a van on Friday as we go up to magna park.

I brought a backpack for my own clothing and a large suitcase for everything they give you and it seems to be enough.

Hope that answers some things, feel free to ask if there's anything else

Edited by Harpersaurus (Wed 14-Jun-17 15:38:32)

Standard User benstoke89
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:37:21
Print Post

[re: Harpersaurus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Harpersaurus:
Just finished day 3 of my first week at Yarnfield.

On your first day if you haven't received uniform at home already, you'll be taken down to the kit room to pick up the bare essentials like tops, trousers and safety boots and your ID card.

You'll then be taken outside to get a bag that will contain all your PPE. You'll also get your laptop and phone which you'll set up on that day, you will also get your handheld tester but we've been told to not open the packaging for those until we get our vans as they'll all be chucked onto a van on Friday as we go up to magna park.

Have any fibre jointers started with you? If so, does the process for them differ?

Hope that answers some things, feel free to ask if there's anything else
Standard User DundeeJambo
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:41:10
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

Buzzing for the 10th of July. Me and a mate both got the same starts date and are both from the same Street in dundee. What do you guys think the chances are of both of us being allowed to share a van back down the road after the first trip home?
Standard User Harpersaurus
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:42:45
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
Have any fibre jointers started with you? If so, does the process for them differ?

Yeah they have, I think they're called either BCD or FVR. The only difference is van collection, I believe it's only us Service Delivery guys that are collecting our vans on Friday
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:55:07
Print Post

[re: Harpersaurus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Harpersaurus:
In reply to a post by benstoke89:

Yeah they have, I think they're called either BCD or FVR. The only difference is van collection, I believe it's only us Service Delivery guys that are collecting our vans on Friday

Cheers, was hoping they get them as well, I heard we need more training though as the vans are different?

There's no way getting back train with all this equipment after lol. Have they give them hire cars then when you all leave for weekend etc?
Pages in this thread: << 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | [89] | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to