General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kirky89
(learned) Mon 01-May-17 17:08:32
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
how do we get the van cleaned?

Probably with a bit of elbow grease wink lol
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 17:49:54
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
how do we get the van cleaned?

Probably with a bit of elbow grease wink lol

Think the fact they give you a free brand new van fully kitted out they are going to expect you to keep it clean or give a tenner to the polish.I know you are expected to keep it clean and make sure theres no co££s drawn on the back or anything as your the face of the company when out and about.
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Mon 01-May-17 18:31:55
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

not so sure. im not allowed to wash my car in my development. ill already be paying £100 a month just to park it. wondering if vans can be washed using the fuel card as i know you can get oil on fuel cards.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 18:37:08
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

sorry swanseajack you seem to be the only one with the information on here and glad your sharing it,i know you have been in the hotel for first week,my mate starts on the 8th and hes in holiday inn for first 2 nights as yarnfield is full,he was worried about the bus situation but i seen that was answered earlier.I read on a forum from a couple of years ago before the refurbishment that there was a gym,sauna,and cheap bar on site,do you know if they are still on site for us to use??
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 18:40:26
Print Post

how come you have a car and whats the development???do you mean where you park it at night??are you not allowed to park at home??
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Mon 01-May-17 19:31:55
Print Post

lol ive got a car because i can drive lol. i only have one space in the underground carpark at my apartment block and will have to rent another. its a prime central birmingham location so itll cost about £100 to park my van at home every month
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-May-17 19:58:29
Print Post

i only have one space in the underground carpark at my apartment block and will have to rent another. its a prime central birmingham location so itll cost about £100 to park my van at home every month
Needing a second space might not be your only problem - you need to check that you are allowed to park a business vehicle on the site at all. Many leases for flats forbid business vehicles from being parked on the site, or impose restrictions such as no signwritten vehicles or no business vehicles without written permission from the freeholder.

Grabbing a lease I have to hand:

[The tenant covenants] Not to park or leave any commercial vehicle caravan boat or trailer of any kind on any part of the Common Parts nor leave any article whatsoever on any part of the Common Parts.

This one is ambiguous, as the definition of Common Parts given elsewhere in the lease is unclear as to whether it covers the parking space allocated by the lease. That's not the only piece of bad drafting in this particular lease. It seems possible that the lease intended to prohibit all commercial vehicles on the site, but may only prohibit them in shared parking.

The details of this particular lease do not matter - it is the details of any lease or other binding agreement that applies to where you live. If you rent a leasehold flat or parking space, you are limited by the restrictions in your tenancy agreement and by the restrictions in your landlord's lease.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 19:59:28
Print Post

lol ive got a car because i can drive lol. i only have one space in the underground carpark at my apartment block and will have to rent another. its a prime central birmingham location so itll cost about £100 to park my van at home every month

thought u meant u had a bt car instead of a van,apparantley there are people who are exchange parkers and allowed to leave their vans at the exchange they work out of if they can not park van at home.
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Mon 01-May-17 20:24:01
Print Post

All of you who start now are on different contracts to us older lot. You guys can still park a van in the exchange but you still have to give up to an hour in the morning and evening in line with your contractual terms. The difference in contract is us older guys don't have to give time.
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Mon 01-May-17 20:29:39
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

thats a relief ontop of my student loans and the new trainee position paycut from the original advertised salary the 100 quid wouldve made a big dent in final take home pay
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to