General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | [90] | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Harpersaurus
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 16:14:02
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
Cheers, was hoping they get them as well, I heard we need more training though as the vans are different?

There's no way getting back train with all this equipment after lol. Have they give them hire cars then when you all leave for weekend etc?

Yeah I think it's because they use vans with cherry pickers on them so they need a bit more training. As far as I'm aware they arrange hire cars for them to use to get home and back and to Yarnfield on week two (I'm only staying overnight at Yarnfield on this Sunday then I'm off to a holiday inn for the rest of the week, making trips back to Yarnfield every morning for more training)
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Wed 14-Jun-17 16:17:35
Print Post

[re: Harpersaurus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Harpersaurus:
Cheers, was hoping they get them as well, I heard we need more training though as the vans are different?

There's no way getting back train with all this equipment after lol. Have they give them hire cars then when you all leave for weekend etc?

Yeah I think it's because they use vans with cherry pickers on them so they need a bit more training. As far as I'm aware they arrange hire cars for them to use to get home and back and to Yarnfield on week two (I'm only staying overnight at Yarnfield on this Sunday then I'm off to a holiday inn for the rest of the week, making trips back to Yarnfield every morning for more training)

Cool, I dont live to far from Yarnfield really - so that would be useful!
Thats good mate what do you spend your evenings doing then while your up there?
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 17:25:39
Print Post

Cool, I dont live to far from Yarnfield really - so that would be useful!
Thats good mate what do you spend your evenings doing then while your up there?

There's a bar that's pretty cheap with a TV and pool tables. The rooms have basic freeview and I did try setting up my chromecast but I think the wifi rejects it as it won't stay connected so best bring a iPad or something to watch stuff on if freeview isn't your thing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Wed 14-Jun-17 18:15:49
Print Post

[re: DundeeJambo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DundeeJambo:
Buzzing for the 10th of July. Me and a mate both got the same starts date and are both from the same Street in dundee. What do you guys think the chances are of both of us being allowed to share a van back down the road after the first trip home?

i would say no based on what i seen,the vans all all ready to go each friday with your name assigned to them,they need to be off the park ready for next consignment.I should think you will both have to drive home seperately and they will prob give you a hire car to come down in which 1 of you will have to pick up and be reponsible for,they dont fuel it though,your expected to put your own fuel in then claim it back on your expenses which you wont receive till 1st pay packet,thats what happened to the lads who lived near each other when i went down
(member) Wed 14-Jun-17 18:18:20
Print Post

[re: Harpersaurus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Harpersaurus:
Have any fibre jointers started with you? If so, does the process for them differ?

Yeah they have, I think they're called either BCD or FVR. The only difference is van collection, I believe it's only us Service Delivery guys that are collecting our vans on Friday

FVR is seperate to that,there 3 roles, fibre jointing,FVR,and CAL/OMI,if your a fibre jointer you will be given a hire car to come home in and come back down in on the sunday but they take it off you during the week and just get another for the friday as i believe you dont get your vans till week 5 as u need to do extra training for lifting/towing.
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Wed 14-Jun-17 20:00:22
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Out of curiosity, what vans do the fibre guys get?
(member) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:01:27
Print Post

Big ones smile

No i havent got a clue but i know some have cherry picker hoists on and some require to tow machinery so you need a towing license unless you passed your test before 1997 or sommats thats why you get them later as more driver training is required that they dont do at yarnfield,When he addressed us all about the different roles he didnt realy go into it much apart from the different training matrixs he said you will do more in depth about your particular role after first 2 weeks,Yarnfield is about openreach as a whole and is just the generic but everyone does.
(member) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:06:23
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

its also 17 weeks training before you go live where as the other 2 are 11 and 12 weeks
(member) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:08:31
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CornwallB0Y:
Did you have a date to go back in july ?

CB

Not yet mate it all went quiet until last night but i was contacted and now i have to arrange a date with HR to start back,Hoping on July 10th/17th
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:12:17
Print Post

Out of curiosity, what vans do the fibre guys get?

My room faces the car park here and from what I can see other than the ocean of transit customs, there's the big Peugeot vans. No platform on the back though so that could be for another group
Pages in this thread: << 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | [90] | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to