General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | [93] | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Thu 15-Jun-17 17:30:08
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

Just completing week 4. It is getting harder now as you have to pass an exam and practical assessment on the frames in the exchange.

Nothing to worry about you get good support and plenty of online links to help.

Your shown how to run wires and solder, test etc.

Good luck to anyone joining on Monday.

Don't worry about the job roles if yours requires the larger van, you would have been told in advance.
Standard User McGregor66
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 01:03:18
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Hi All,

I've read quite a few of your convos now, few from March/April and jumped to here.

Just wondering if you can give me any insight to the questions asked in the assessment centre interviews? I have got assessment centre for an openreach engineer job coming up and heard the format has changed from 18 months ago? Any advice? Thanks it's much appreciated.
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Fri 16-Jun-17 09:35:51
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

Are they internal links or are they to other sites?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 16:30:19
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Does anyone know what kind of colour blind tests you do at the assessment? Just wondering as I have a mild green colour deficiency and just seeing even if it is worth attending if they want perfect colour vision.
Standard User Jordadamson1998
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 16:45:47
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

It's quite a simple test, they hold a load of wires together all different colours, and you just have to pick out the colour wire he says.
Standard User Sdp88
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 16:48:02
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

new to the forums, i applied around march time and got a start date for 17th july as a fiber jointer in low fell gateshead, is anyone else been recruited in this area?

The last email i received was the 21st may where i had to complete the tasks online and send off for disclosure Scotland. i completed all this weeks ago but still have not heard anything from them. how long did other guys wait to hear from them.

cheers
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 17:01:09
Print Post

[re: Jordadamson1998] [link to this post]

Ah, great! Those tests you can do online with the numbers in the circles show me as green deficient but I doubt I'd have issues with picking out colours of wires in front of me. Thanks mate!
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Fri 16-Jun-17 22:21:34
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SplendidTom:
Ah, great! Those tests you can do online with the numbers in the circles show me as green deficient but I doubt I'd have issues with picking out colours of wires in front of me. Thanks mate!

To be fair, you could find it hard. The test i did the cable had 100 pairs, they where all tightly twisted together and you not allowed to get up close and personal with them. Green and orange are key colors in telephone cable and if you find it hard with green then you find it hard to tell it from orange.

Its still worth doing the assessment day if i was you, as you say the online test may be way more picky!
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 17-Jun-17 00:13:02
Print Post

[re: Sdp88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sdp88:
new to the forums, i applied around march time and got a start date for 17th july as a fiber jointer in low fell gateshead, is anyone else been recruited in this area?

The last email i received was the 21st may where i had to complete the tasks online and send off for disclosure Scotland. i completed all this weeks ago but still have not heard anything from them. how long did other guys wait to hear from them.

cheers

Sit tight mate most things happen in fortnight before u go to yarnfield its just the way they do it,u hear nowt then a barrage of emails and instructions follow
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 17-Jun-17 11:44:56
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Links are internal, test isn't too bad though as you can access that info while doing the test so the answers are there for you, you just need to find them. Loads of time to complete though.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Pages in this thread: << 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | [93] | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to