General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | [95] | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 08:24:54
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

That's interesting. I've read some people were. When did you have your assessment? Was it recent?
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 12:08:56
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

26th April

I was asked what I am most proud of, have I ever had to train for something and an example of provided a good service

Then asked what health and safety means to me and an example of me using it
Standard User Jordadamson1998
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 14:50:17
Print Post

I wasn't asked about BT or openreach either, which annoyed me considering how much time I had spent researching them lmao. My questions were pretty much the same, the interviews are relaxed though so don't be worrying too much.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 16:20:15
Print Post

[re: Jordadamson1998] [link to this post]

My god that conference call, felt like banging my head on the wall. You've not even started the job and you are already asking what time you finish on a Friday!
Standard User Notgood
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 16:49:11
Print Post

Total newbie - only found this by chance today.

My mate had his assessment centre last week, and I've been sent the link to the video interview today. My mate has just had an e-mail saying congratulations you passed the assessment centre, but sorry, there isn't a job for you. We're both in the same area. Any ideas why they would continue with the interview process for me, if there are no jobs in the area?

Has anyone else been told congratulations, but there isn't a job? I know there's one guy on here, who didn't get the job, because of travel restrictions, but I couldn't find anything else.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 20:54:27
Print Post

[re: Notgood] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Notgood:
Total newbie - only found this by chance today.

My mate had his assessment centre last week, and I've been sent the link to the video interview today. My mate has just had an e-mail saying congratulations you passed the assessment centre, but sorry, there isn't a job for you. We're both in the same area. Any ideas why they would continue with the interview process for me, if there are no jobs in the area?

Has anyone else been told congratulations, but there isn't a job? I know there's one guy on here, who didn't get the job, because of travel restrictions, but I couldn't find anything else.

Hi mate. I was also told that I passed assessment centre but there was no role for me due to "strict travel policy". I was told that they would.be in touch if a role came up in my area. It seems like they keep guys on file until a job eventually comes up. I can only assume that the 3 roles that were in my travel area, were taken by other guys as there was a lot of lads from my area at the assessment centre. I've read back to last year on this forum and a similar email was sent to guys at the tail end of last year's campaign (Sept/Oct). They were taken on at the start of this year. It would be easier to tell someone that they did not pass rather than leave them hanging so I am still hopeful of hearing at some point. That may be next year though.....

What area did you apply for?
Standard User Notgood
(newbie) Mon 19-Jun-17 21:29:09
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply, mate. Carrying the extras over to next year makes sense, but I don't get why they're still recruiting now. Madness to me. Mate's desperate to get in, so he's happy to wait, but I'm not sure what to do now.

Chester North
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Mon 19-Jun-17 23:44:44
Print Post

What you talkin Willis ???
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 06:23:24
Print Post

[re: Notgood] [link to this post]

It is definately frustrating as you are told that there is a job for everyone when at the assessment centre. It isn't a lie, but it seems like you will be offered a start date within 5 days of passing. That's the impression I got anyway.

I'm in a job that I dislike at the moment so I'm trying to hold out as long as I can before looking elsewhere. Just hoping I hear sooner than later. If you like the idea of the job then it's definately worth going for. Just be prepared to wait a while.
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 07:11:30
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

Talking Willis or taking with you? I'm just assuming autocorrect ruined your life
Pages in this thread: << 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | [95] | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to