General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | [96] | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Notgood
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 08:18:19
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
It is definately frustrating as you are told that there is a job for everyone when at the assessment centre. It isn't a lie, but it seems like you will be offered a start date within 5 days of passing. That's the impression I got anyway.

I'm in a job that I dislike at the moment so I'm trying to hold out as long as I can before looking elsewhere. Just hoping I hear sooner than later. If you like the idea of the job then it's definately worth going for. Just be prepared to wait a while.

That's the impression my mate got too. He's lucky, because he's in a reasonable job already, but he really wants this. He'll be proper suited to it. I'm in a job, but really fed up. Been there eighteen months and they promised me the earth. Seen none of it. Feel as though I've wasted eighteen months. Want something I can go straight into really and start making up for lost time.

Horrible being in a job you dislike. Here's hoping your hear real soon, mate.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 09:13:43
Print Post

[re: Notgood] [link to this post]

You've got nothing to lose by going ahead then mate. You might be in the same situation in 6 months time. At least you might have your foot in the door with OR by that time.
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 09:29:37
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Nope.... What you talkin Willis !

"My god that conference call, felt like banging my head on the wall. You've not even started the job and you are already asking what time you finish on a Friday! "

I am guessing people were asking daft questions ...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 10:00:48
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

Oh ok sorry im not down with the kids these days

The brief by the girl was pretty good, however at the end there were 3 questions and they all involved what time they would get off on the fridays

Not a great impression before you have even started
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 10:14:41
Print Post

80's ... Different Strokes smile

But yes, it does not goes it.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 20-Jun-17 10:56:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
Oh ok sorry im not down with the kids these days

The brief by the girl was pretty good, however at the end there were 3 questions and they all involved what time they would get off on the fridays

Not a great impression before you have even started

Conference call a waste of time imo,just prople worried about their holidays and that,one guy asked if we got travel time payment for coming down on the sunday night smile smilewhy would you ask that,your not officially enployed until the first monday
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 20-Jun-17 12:26:08
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Conference call was a waste of time for me too. We had Des basically going through the email he sent us. Most people didn't bother to show up for it. They chose the right option.

I'm currently on week 5 Ewsr or eswr or whatever it's called street works assessment it's a pass or fail but having done the practical already and passed I can say not much to worry about just follow what the tutor has to say.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 20-Jun-17 16:25:06)

Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Tue 20-Jun-17 13:19:33
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Other than driving it home what have you actually used your van for so far?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 20-Jun-17 14:56:52
Print Post

Just to and from training and if you need tools of course they are in the van.

Street works all done, relatively easy if I'm honest. Our teacher has been great and a huge help but it really isn't anything to worry about. Even if you did fail the first time given the information your given it's unlikely you would again. Fact is they make it pretty hard to fail

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 20-Jun-17 16:29:03)

Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 16:30:56
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

I thought streetworks was a 5 day course. I'm assuming it's a cut down version so no tarmaccing or block paving
Pages in this thread: << 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | [96] | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to