General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | [97] | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 20-Jun-17 16:47:37
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Yeah just the basics level 2 signs, lights and guarding. 2 and half days

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 17:09:48
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Are you at Bolton for your training?
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 18:39:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Yeah just the basics level 2 signs, lights and guarding. 2 and half days

Are you training as fibre jointer?
What's Bolton like?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 20-Jun-17 19:17:56
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSpud:

Yeah at Bolton for training but I only live 10 miles away so I'm home every night and since we leave usually before 4 i miss the mad rush too.

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
What's Bolton like?

No not as fibre jointer no im CAL/OMI

Bolton isnt too bad no air con because nobody knows how to use it, no heating probably for the same reasons and trust me when its cold there its COLD ive seen guys walking around in their woolly hats.

As far as what's available near by there is a bakery for sausage rolls etc. there's a morrisons some other shops too.
If your staying at the holiday inn your more or less centre of town so lots of pubs and clubs in the evening but I'm told the food is [censored] at the holiday inn.
Most of us are commuting only one of my group is staying in accommodation not sure where he is this week but he said the food is much better.

The biggest thing to remember with Bolton TEC is that your sat nav will not take you there and neither will co pilot one on the iphone it will take you to the main road that runs right past it but you actually need to turn off the main road and find breightmet industrial estate. Turn and the morrisons then turn again at the morrisons and follow the road further down and you'll find it.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 20-Jun-17 19:35:15)

Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 19:40:33
Print Post

Thanks for the info, do you think Blackpool is too far to commute?
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 20:20:59
Print Post

Ben you start on the 3rd of July if i remember correctly? Did you get a phone call for travel arrangements and also did you a conference call as i didnt get one?
Cheers
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 20:40:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
In reply to a post by MrSpud:

Yeah at Bolton for training but I only live 10 miles away so I'm home every night and since we leave usually before 4 i miss the mad rush too.

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
What's Bolton like?

No not as fibre jointer no im CAL/OMI

Bolton isnt too bad no air con because nobody knows how to use it, no heating probably for the same reasons and trust me when its cold there its COLD ive seen guys walking around in their woolly hats.

As far as what's available near by there is a bakery for sausage rolls etc. there's a morrisons some other shops too.
If your staying at the holiday inn your more or less centre of town so lots of pubs and clubs in the evening but I'm told the food is [censored] at the holiday inn.
Most of us are commuting only one of my group is staying in accommodation not sure where he is this week but he said the food is much better.

The biggest thing to remember with Bolton TEC is that your sat nav will not take you there and neither will co pilot one on the iphone it will take you to the main road that runs right past it but you actually need to turn off the main road and find breightmet industrial estate. Turn and the morrisons then turn again at the morrisons and follow the road further down and you'll find it.

Brilliant post pal thank you!
I live in stoke so it's 1 hour 20 minute drive each way...
Will keep this post flagged for when I get lost on me way there.

Are the fibre lads given hire cars then if they don't have the van?
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 20:43:40
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
Ben you start on the 3rd of July if i remember correctly? Did you get a phone call for travel arrangements and also did you a conference call as i didnt get one?
Cheers

Nothing as of yet, the person who did my checks said I would get a call a week before to arrange travel!
I am hoping the hear soon as I like to know plans etc as it's such a big change
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 20:49:38
Print Post

The person I spoke to said he is getting all of the 3rd of July starters travel arranged.. If I were in your shoes I'd expect a call tomorrow or the day after I got the call at 8:45am so make yourself available!
All looking forward now cant wait to get started how about you?
See you in Yarnfield mate!
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 20-Jun-17 21:15:32
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
The person I spoke to said he is getting all of the 3rd of July starters travel arranged.. If I were in your shoes I'd expect a call tomorrow or the day after I got the call at 8:45am so make yourself available!
All looking forward now cant wait to get started how about you?
See you in Yarnfield mate!

Great stuff, phone stays on me desk at work!
Where you coming from mate?
Can't wait, exciting times!
Pages in this thread: << 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | [97] | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to