General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | [99] | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Wed 21-Jun-17 15:28:37
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Just spoken to Yarnfield, they said the issue of uniform has been a minor disaster and it's impossible to say if you will get it at home or not. If it doesn't turn up you will get enough kit to get through the classroom stages. He then said they would chase it up whilst you are here and it will arrive at your house during your stint at yarnfield
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Wed 21-Jun-17 21:28:33
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Ah okay no worries thanks for that! Also does anyone know what Ducatos the FVR peeps get? Long wheel base or short?
Standard User IoL94
(newbie) Thu 22-Jun-17 09:55:23
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could give some specifics on what we have to do for the driving assessment? Cheers!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Thu 22-Jun-17 10:48:00
Print Post

[re: IoL94] [link to this post]

Somewhere way back up this page Shavedape wrote a good post on it as he used to be a driving instructor
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Thu 22-Jun-17 15:22:53
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Didn't the job. Very disappointing! My plug wasn't up to the correct standard, apparently. I think I know where I went wrong as well. There wasn't enough length on the earth wire. How annoying!

When's the next opportunity to apply again?

Edited by SplendidTom (Thu 22-Jun-17 15:27:45)

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 22-Jun-17 20:51:38
Print Post

[re: IoL94] [link to this post]

The assessment drive is basically a drive with an instructor it's NOT a test yes it's a pass or fail but it's pretty hard to fail and it's not under test conditions. You are being watched to see if your a safe driver. Don't speed, check mirrors regularly remember MSN (mirror signal manoeuvre) don't take risks your not driving a car so try to remember you need more time to exit at a junction and less speed on bends gearing down or up as appropriate.

If you have never driven a van before tell them they will likely coach you a little more or at the very least allow you time to settle in.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 22-Jun-17 21:48:53)

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 22-Jun-17 21:07:33
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Week 5 day 4 poles steps and ladders. Our trainer been really good to us and because of work being done on the pole field tomorrow we did all our pole climbing today smile and we get an early finish tomorrow too wink
We were asked if we wanted to keep breaks short etc to make it happen and of course we did.

The climbing was as I expected really a little scary but all in all fine. Trust the kit because it works I nearly fell on a training pole so trust me I know.

Climbed the pole I think six times in total not counting the nursery poles. We even did moving from one side to the other not a huge fan of that I have to say.

I was pretty worried about the poles been a long time since I've been at height for anything, it was pretty windy and the poles definitely move in the wind and when your climbing.
All in all though it was good I feel a lot better about pole climbing still not sure I'll ever say it's the best place to be but it was ok. Legs are hurting a little and I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning but I'm told we climb about 15 times in one day next week so I'm sure it will hurt more after that.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 22-Jun-17 22:18:42)

Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Thu 22-Jun-17 21:58:41
Print Post

Start 3rd July and still had no call about travel arrangements yet. Just want to get it all sorted so I know where I am/what doing etc.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 22-Jun-17 22:17:06
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

I would imagine you will hear something tomorrow travel is usually arranged in the last 2 weeks then youll get an email telling you a little more of what to expect when you get there but that isnt sent till hes spoken to everyone about travel.

If you havent heard by dinner time tomorrow I would probably try and email or better yet call someone but I'm sure it will all be fine on my intake there was 61 people thats a lot of people for one guy to contact in a week and from what Ive seen its the same guy that does everyone.

In reply to a post by SplendidTom:
Didn't the job. Very disappointing! My plug wasn't up to the correct standard, apparently. I think I know where I went wrong as well. There wasn't enough length on the earth wire. How annoying!

When's the next opportunity to apply again?

I believe its a year but dont quote me on that.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 22-Jun-17 22:21:25)

Standard User FIbreJointer
(newbie) Thu 22-Jun-17 22:29:49
Print Post

Read all the posts in here. Very useful.
Does anybody know what vans the fibre jointers get on Week 5.
Seen some old knackered box transits rolling around, but then I've heard we get new fiats maybe?
Pages in this thread: << 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | [99] | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to