General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 11:57:55
Print Post

Re: Assessment Centre

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

Hi
i have looked on my e mails and the job Role code is TMNEA does anyone know what this abbreviation means i have looked across the forums but can't see it anywhere ?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 17-Mar-18 12:22:05
Print Post

[re: woodster70] [link to this post]

Everyone gets that code to start with itís not reflective of the role youíll be doing. If they havenít told you already youíll find out the first day.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 17-Mar-18 12:26:40)

Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 12:27:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by woodster70:
It was the normal questions you would expect why do you want to join ,give a time when you gave good customer service, they don't try and trick you with questions it was all informal. i also did look on website to make sure i had some knowledge of the job and look on you tube at the videos, i think they liked that you have looked them up but just relax that worked for me.

Thanks for your advice, I did think it would be pretty much as you have said. Fingers crosses it all goes well.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 13:53:57
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Ok cool thanks for replying to my question, i don't know about you other guys i am really looking to get started and get my teeth into the training, is there anyone who is starting 21st may in kent, i originally was meant to start this monday coming 19th march but have a holiday so they switched me to a later start date.
Standard User Bairdyboy
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 19:38:49
Print Post

Sorry to hijack this post!!

I believe there is a colour blindness test at assessment centre level. What does this consist of?

Is it the Ishihara plates or something totally different. I know I have red/green deficiency and am wondering if itís even worth my while continuing to give the video interview. Iím fine identifying paired cable, but need to take a little time over it.

Thanks
Colin
Standard User davek19
(learned) Sun 18-Mar-18 20:06:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Everyone gets that code to start with itís not reflective of the role youíll be doing. If they havenít told you already youíll find out the first day.

How many different roles are there? What do each of them consist of? Cheers
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 21:51:12
Print Post

[re: Bairdyboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bairdyboy:
Sorry to hijack this post!!

I believe there is a colour blindness test at assessment centre level. What does this consist of?

Is it the Ishihara plates or something totally different. I know I have red/green deficiency and am wondering if itís even worth my while continuing to give the video interview. Iím fine identifying paired cable, but need to take a little time over it.

Thanks
Colin

I did mine in January and it was identifying cable colours.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 19-Mar-18 14:19:54
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Not really qualified to comment on all the roles and what they consist of but fairly sure they fit you under three umbrella's to start with.
SD/Service Delivery which is my role CAL/OMI I can never remember what CAL OMI stands for something one man install.
BCD or Business Corporate Development and FVR, Fault Volume Reduction.
There is also ID Infrastructure Delivery but nobody on my training was put into that role as far as I can remember.

This year there is a big push for engineers to help the fibre to the prem engineers to get their job done so no idea what role that would put people into but from what I read in the LOOP a company bi weekly email they send out or it might of been in the mag they send out not sure. The recruitment drive is so they can get engineers to cover the work the fttp engineers would usually do so as to free up those guys. That may well of changed though and they could be recruiting FTTP engineers.

BCD engineers tend to get told they will be BCD early on as they don't get their vans on the first Friday.
FVR and SD get thiers on Thursday and Friday respectively although again this has likely changed since I did my training as its nearly a year ago and they are definitely changing it up this year. Better facilities to train in for example, they are opening 12 purpose built training centres and if the one they showed us in one of the mags is anything to go off its pretty good. Full on streets with poles manholes the works.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 19-Mar-18 18:56:28)

Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-18 11:09:19
Print Post

Good Morning all.

Anybody starting training on the 23rd of April?
If so, give me a shout as that's also my start date.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 11:20:15
Print Post

[re: Burgo87] [link to this post]

Attended assessment centre yesterday, went well i thought

Suspense is killing me, hope i hear back soon!
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to