General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-18 20:07:21
Print Post

Re: Assessment Centre

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

Well done mate and fingers crossed. Mines this week......
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-18 20:09:10
Print Post

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 1534walla:
Just got email to say i passed assesment centre but no positions available at the moment in my area

I cant start until October anyways, hopefully something comes up in the meantime.

Well done fella... Mines is tomorrow! Done all the prep I can, just need to see how it goes.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 08:46:59
Print Post

[re: Beefster78] [link to this post]

So had my assessment yesterday.

Arrived early and filled out some details, just about if your are fit, ok with heights etc. Gave them my passport and driving licence.

We all went to a room where there was a short presentation for 30 mins, after that half went for interviews and skills test and the others went to education for maths and English.

I went to education first. On both assessments you do a few questions first so the system determines what level you are at, then you start. English was just rearranging sentences, grammar and spelling. Some reading for example, job descriptions and reading a bio then matching that bio to a certain job.

Maths was pretty straight forward, add, subtract, multiply. Some fractions and percentages. Nothing to testing.

After that it was the skills test, you have a board in front of you with 3 Openreach boxes at the top and two connected cables. These are all complete, you just need to copy them, you get a short demo first. Itís fairly simple. The instructor told us not to worry about the length of cable, just focus on the connections and colours.

Interviews next, this threw me as I had prepared for scenarios etc. First was just going over CV and two questions. 1, What do you know about Openreach. 2, Why would you make a good engineer. Short discussion on health and safety at the end. The second interview was again 2 questions, 1, Tell me a time where you delivered great customer service. 2, Tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.

That was it... it was a good day but they could have at least offered water, I guess I should have taken something.

Just the waiting game now but if unsuccessful we were told you can reapply in 6 months. I didn't think it went that well for me so I am not holding my breath, hopefully I am wrong.

Edited by Beefster78 (Wed 28-Mar-18 11:19:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 13:55:21
Print Post

[re: Burgo87] [link to this post]

Hi,
In the same boat as me @Burgo87, I'm starting on the 23rd April aswell!
Anyone else start on that date?

Edited by Londoner26 (Wed 28-Mar-18 13:56:39)

Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 15:10:29
Print Post

[re: Londoner26] [link to this post]

Ahh that's cool! are you on the discord chat?
there's a couple more on there who have the start date.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 16:12:14
Print Post

[re: Beefster78] [link to this post]

Done mine today so fingers crossed...
Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 17:01:20
Print Post

Nope, where is the discord chat?
Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 17:21:15
Print Post

add me on Discord bud, ill bring you into the chat.
my discord is
Burgo2015

You can meet a few people on the chat before we rock up that way.
Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 21:09:54
Print Post

Hey,
Can't find you on there.
Could you please add me?
My username is the same as on here.
Cheers
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 02-Apr-18 09:29:31
Print Post

For anyone else looking to join the discord server feel free to come join here https://discord.gg/ddVbZGm

There are engineers, trainee engineers and those waiting to hear so no matter what group you fall into you wont be alone in there.
Great place to find people starting on the same day as you too.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to