General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ethanje
(newbie) Fri 02-Feb-18 14:52:13
Print Post

Assessment Centre

[link to this post]

Hi all, I've just received an email saying I've successfully made it through to the assessment centre. I'm now waiting to be assigned an assessment centre. Very exciting!
I'd obviously like to prepare for this stage if I can. I read that someone mentioned Maths and English tests. Anyone got any idea how to prepare for the Maths test? It's years since I have sat any Maths tests.
Cheers.
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Mon 12-Feb-18 22:09:52
Print Post

Re: Assessment Centre

[re: ethanje] [link to this post]

I did my assessment centre last week and the maths is nothing to worry about as long as you can add and subtract you will be fine, they also provide a calculator for the questions they think you may need it on.

They also emphasise the fact that itís not a test, they just want an idea of where people are with it.
Standard User ethanje
(newbie) Mon 19-Feb-18 13:42:28
Print Post

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

Thanks.

I have my assessment centre day on 28/2. Do they indicate what team they think you will be appropriate for? I've been looking and see that they have 4 parts, 3 of which have engineers in - Service Deliver, Infrastructure delivery and business and corporate delivery.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-18 21:05:51
Print Post

hi peoples i have done my assessment in february in sevenoaks kent i start 21st may in paddock wood first day will i then go to yarn field for training after , does anyone know, any advice would be grateful guys
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-18 21:08:19
Print Post

[re: woodster70] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woodster70:
hi peoples i have done my assessment in february in sevenoaks kent i start 21st may in paddock wood first day will i then go to yarn field for training after , does anyone know, any advice would be grateful guys

Congrats on passing the assessment, how did you find the interviews?
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-18 21:30:18
Print Post

Youíll get more detailed induction information the week before you start.
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-18 22:50:07
Print Post

[re: Beefster78] [link to this post]

Yes everything was quite easy i had heard others saying that they want you to be your natural self as the job requires a lot of customer liaising so i just made my mind up to be as natural as i can and everything was fine for me
Standard User davek19
(learned) Fri 16-Mar-18 23:54:31
Print Post

Do you remember any of the questions?
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 08:51:55
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

It was the normal questions you would expect why do you want to join ,give a time when you gave good customer service, they don't try and trick you with questions it was all informal. i also did look on website to make sure i had some knowledge of the job and look on you tube at the videos, i think they liked that you have looked them up but just relax that worked for me.
Standard User davek19
(learned) Sat 17-Mar-18 10:04:55
Print Post

It was the normal questions you would expect why do you want to join ,give a time when you gave good customer service, they don't try and trick you with questions it was all informal. i also did look on website to make sure i had some knowledge of the job and look on you tube at the videos, i think they liked that you have looked them up but just relax that worked for me.

Cheers mate. I appreciate your advice
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 11:57:55
Print Post

Hi
i have looked on my e mails and the job Role code is TMNEA does anyone know what this abbreviation means i have looked across the forums but can't see it anywhere ?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 17-Mar-18 12:22:05
Print Post

Everyone gets that code to start with itís not reflective of the role youíll be doing. If they havenít told you already youíll find out the first day.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 17-Mar-18 12:26:40)

Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 12:27:55
Print Post

Thanks for your advice, I did think it would be pretty much as you have said. Fingers crosses it all goes well.

Cheers
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 13:53:57
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Ok cool thanks for replying to my question, i don't know about you other guys i am really looking to get started and get my teeth into the training, is there anyone who is starting 21st may in kent, i originally was meant to start this monday coming 19th march but have a holiday so they switched me to a later start date.
Standard User Bairdyboy
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 19:38:49
Print Post

Sorry to hijack this post!!

I believe there is a colour blindness test at assessment centre level. What does this consist of?

Is it the Ishihara plates or something totally different. I know I have red/green deficiency and am wondering if itís even worth my while continuing to give the video interview. Iím fine identifying paired cable, but need to take a little time over it.

Thanks
Colin
Standard User davek19
(learned) Sun 18-Mar-18 20:06:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Everyone gets that code to start with itís not reflective of the role youíll be doing. If they havenít told you already youíll find out the first day.

How many different roles are there? What do each of them consist of? Cheers
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 21:51:12
Print Post

[re: Bairdyboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bairdyboy:
Sorry to hijack this post!!

I believe there is a colour blindness test at assessment centre level. What does this consist of?

Is it the Ishihara plates or something totally different. I know I have red/green deficiency and am wondering if itís even worth my while continuing to give the video interview. Iím fine identifying paired cable, but need to take a little time over it.

Thanks
Colin

I did mine in January and it was identifying cable colours.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 19-Mar-18 14:19:54
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Not really qualified to comment on all the roles and what they consist of but fairly sure they fit you under three umbrella's to start with.
SD/Service Delivery which is my role CAL/OMI I can never remember what CAL OMI stands for something one man install.
BCD or Business Corporate Development and FVR, Fault Volume Reduction.
There is also ID Infrastructure Delivery but nobody on my training was put into that role as far as I can remember.

This year there is a big push for engineers to help the fibre to the prem engineers to get their job done so no idea what role that would put people into but from what I read in the LOOP a company bi weekly email they send out or it might of been in the mag they send out not sure. The recruitment drive is so they can get engineers to cover the work the fttp engineers would usually do so as to free up those guys. That may well of changed though and they could be recruiting FTTP engineers.

BCD engineers tend to get told they will be BCD early on as they don't get their vans on the first Friday.
FVR and SD get thiers on Thursday and Friday respectively although again this has likely changed since I did my training as its nearly a year ago and they are definitely changing it up this year. Better facilities to train in for example, they are opening 12 purpose built training centres and if the one they showed us in one of the mags is anything to go off its pretty good. Full on streets with poles manholes the works.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 19-Mar-18 18:56:28)

Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-18 11:09:19
Print Post

Good Morning all.

Anybody starting training on the 23rd of April?
If so, give me a shout as that's also my start date.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 11:20:15
Print Post

[re: Burgo87] [link to this post]

Attended assessment centre yesterday, went well i thought

Suspense is killing me, hope i hear back soon!
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 16:42:07
Print Post

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 1534walla:

Glad it went well.

How did you find it, what was the easiest part and the hardest? Was it as informal as people have been saying?

Fingers crossed for you!
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 17:36:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by Beefster78:

Glad it went well.

How did you find it, what was the easiest part and the hardest? Was it as informal as people have been saying?

Fingers crossed for you!

First interview was a bit tricky not gonna lie, basically about me and my experience and then around 12-15 different scenario openreach based questions. As long as you think about health and safety and customer service thats the main thing. Other interview was much easier

Skills test was around 4 different BT switches and gel crimps, straight forward enough, as was the maths and english assessment

All in was a good afternoon which I enjoyed
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 19:07:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by Beefster78:

Glad it went well.

Fingers crossed for you!

First interview was a bit tricky not gonna lie, basically about me and my experience and then around 12-15 different scenario openreach based questions. As long as you think about health and safety and customer service thats the main thing. Other interview was much easier

Skills test was around 4 different BT switches and gel crimps, straight forward enough, as was the maths and english assessment

All in was a good afternoon which I enjoyed

Thanks... Iíd accept it not to be plain sailing, thatís a lot of questions though lol. Where did you have your assessment?

Iíve prepared as much as I can, and coming from a Facilities Management background I feel I know enough, but you can never tell with interviews.

Thanks again for the insight.

Edited by Beefster78 (Wed 21-Mar-18 21:00:36)

Standard User MMCMME
(regular) Thu 22-Mar-18 07:23:03
Print Post

They only really ask you around 4-5 questions in each interview.

Its just that they like to delve into your answers a little bit to find out more about you, how your mind works and how you have reacted to certain situations in the past. You can only really prepare for it so much.

Just try to use examples from previous employment to back up your answers.

One interview is customer service based, the other is health and safety.

They arnt trying to catch you out.

Best of luck!
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-18 10:20:40
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MMCMME:

Its just that they like to delve into your answers a little bit to find out more about you, how your mind works and how you have reacted to certain situations in the past. You can only really prepare for it so much.

Best of luck!

My first interview was about me, previous employment examples, customer service and health and safety.
Definitely more than 5 questions

2nd interview was 2 questions , customer service and a time ive overcome
A problem

Its like anything i suppose, depends which interviewer you get and which location!
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-18 11:26:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by MMCMME:

Best of luck!

My first interview was about me, previous employment examples, customer service and health and safety.
Definitely more than 5 questions

2nd interview was 2 questions , customer service and a time ive overcome
A problem

Its like anything i suppose, depends which interviewer you get and which location!

I canít do anymore to prepare than I have. My background is very much customer service and health and safety so I should be fine to use that. Iíve read up a lot on Openreach so happy with what I know, just need to deliver it now, Tuesday canít come quick enough.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-18 12:41:04
Print Post

Assessment next week so I'm brushing up on knowledge and reading all the info on this site...
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-18 19:43:36
Print Post

[re: MrLloyd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrLloyd:
Assessment next week so I'm brushing up on knowledge and reading all the info on this site...

Whereís your assessment?
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-18 21:33:44
Print Post

Itís Oswestry mate.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-18 14:15:03
Print Post

Just got email to say i passed assesment centre but no positions available at the moment in my area

I cant start until October anyways, hopefully something comes up in the meantime.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-18 20:07:21
Print Post

Well done mate and fingers crossed. Mines this week......
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Mon 26-Mar-18 20:09:10
Print Post

Just got email to say i passed assesment centre but no positions available at the moment in my area

I cant start until October anyways, hopefully something comes up in the meantime.

Well done fella... Mines is tomorrow! Done all the prep I can, just need to see how it goes.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 08:46:59
Print Post

So had my assessment yesterday.

Arrived early and filled out some details, just about if your are fit, ok with heights etc. Gave them my passport and driving licence.

We all went to a room where there was a short presentation for 30 mins, after that half went for interviews and skills test and the others went to education for maths and English.

I went to education first. On both assessments you do a few questions first so the system determines what level you are at, then you start. English was just rearranging sentences, grammar and spelling. Some reading for example, job descriptions and reading a bio then matching that bio to a certain job.

Maths was pretty straight forward, add, subtract, multiply. Some fractions and percentages. Nothing to testing.

After that it was the skills test, you have a board in front of you with 3 Openreach boxes at the top and two connected cables. These are all complete, you just need to copy them, you get a short demo first. Itís fairly simple. The instructor told us not to worry about the length of cable, just focus on the connections and colours.

Interviews next, this threw me as I had prepared for scenarios etc. First was just going over CV and two questions. 1, What do you know about Openreach. 2, Why would you make a good engineer. Short discussion on health and safety at the end. The second interview was again 2 questions, 1, Tell me a time where you delivered great customer service. 2, Tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.

That was it... it was a good day but they could have at least offered water, I guess I should have taken something.

Just the waiting game now but if unsuccessful we were told you can reapply in 6 months. I didn't think it went that well for me so I am not holding my breath, hopefully I am wrong.

Edited by Beefster78 (Wed 28-Mar-18 11:19:47)

Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 13:55:21
Print Post

Hi,
In the same boat as me @Burgo87, I'm starting on the 23rd April aswell!
Anyone else start on that date?

Edited by Londoner26 (Wed 28-Mar-18 13:56:39)

Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 15:10:29
Print Post

[re: Londoner26] [link to this post]

Ahh that's cool! are you on the discord chat?
there's a couple more on there who have the start date.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 16:12:14
Print Post

Done mine today so fingers crossed...
Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 17:01:20
Print Post

Nope, where is the discord chat?
Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 17:21:15
Print Post

add me on Discord bud, ill bring you into the chat.
my discord is
Burgo2015

You can meet a few people on the chat before we rock up that way.
Standard User Londoner26
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-18 21:09:54
Print Post

Hey,
Can't find you on there.
Could you please add me?
My username is the same as on here.
Cheers
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 02-Apr-18 09:29:31
Print Post

For anyone else looking to join the discord server feel free to come join here https://discord.gg/ddVbZGm

There are engineers, trainee engineers and those waiting to hear so no matter what group you fall into you wont be alone in there.
Great place to find people starting on the same day as you too.

Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-18 11:55:25
Print Post

Just joined, cheers for the link. Hoping to hear this week in relation to an offer. Had an email last night about pre employment checks so I am hopeful.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 10:10:39
Print Post

Passed assessment centre, got email today. Advised that I need to wait on provisional job details and a start.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 11:07:30
Print Post

Well done mate, im still waiting for my email....
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 20:56:53
Print Post

Well Done for passing assessment now the waiting begins i start 21st may really looking forward to it.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Wed 04-Apr-18 19:07:16
Print Post

Well done mate, im still waiting for my email....

Well Done for passing assessment now the waiting begins i start 21st may really looking forward to it.

Thanks guys, just waiting on more details now. Sure yours will come MrLloyd.
Standard User mxrndl
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 13:36:39
Print Post

I have my assessment centre next Wednesday, and had a question regarding the maths test.

Is it as simple as you say? Just basic maths? Im wondering whether or not to brush up on things like areas of shapes and pythagoras, calculations that may require a formula to solve. These have popped up on other maths assessments ive attended in the past, but im just wondering if its worth my time doing it for this?

Any other examples of the type of maths involved?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 13:55:12
Print Post

[re: mxrndl] [link to this post]

Itís functional maths so for example I had to work out the area of a garden and then a fence for the garden, it starts easy and gets harder as you move on but itís not a test just to see what level you are working at. Iím presuming itís for the NVQ you will undertake if you are successful.
Standard User mxrndl
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 14:05:21
Print Post

Thank you.

Are there any websites you recommend for brushing up on the maths thats relevant?

I dont want to waste too much time preparing for things that may not come up.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 14:31:42
Print Post

The BBC have a Functional Skills maths learning resource page.
Standard User mxrndl
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 14:33:18
Print Post

Thanks, youve been very helpful

do you have a link at all?

Edited by mxrndl (Thu 05-Apr-18 14:35:22)

Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 20:32:30
Print Post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/functionalskills/sec...
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 20:33:27
Print Post

Got my email, I have passed but awaiting more details.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 12:36:06
Print Post

Got my email, I have passed but awaiting more details.

Awesome, well done buddy. did your email just say the below?

"I am happy to inform you that you have successfully passed the assessment. Well done!

Due to high volume of applicants we will do our best to get in touch with you with the provisional job details as soon as possible. No worries, we will definitely let you know as soon when we have any news.

We advise not to hand in your notice to your current employer now, please wait until we contact you with the provisional job details. I ask for your kind understanding and patience meanwhile."
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 13:30:16
Print Post

Cheers mate, no mine said they will be in contact in a few weeks.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 14:55:03
Print Post

I am hoping I hear in a few weeks also, where are you about?

I am assuming they will wait to get numbers then arrange stat dates with as many folk as they can get in.

Edited by Beefster78 (Fri 06-Apr-18 15:16:02)

Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 15:27:43
Print Post

fingers crossed mate, I am West Mids how about you?
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 15:39:43
Print Post

Iím in the Scottish Borders, can easily get to Edinburgh, North Northumberland and Dumfries and Galloway. That may mean I travel a lot but thatís a good thing for me.

Just eager to get it all kicked off.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 22:47:03
Print Post

Nice mate and I feel your pain, I just want that date to come through then I will be happy.
Standard User zDunny
(newbie) Sat 07-Apr-18 13:22:31
Print Post

Hi All, new to posting on here but was following this forum exactly 1 year ago when i applied haha, after passing the Situational Strengths Test and Video Interview i then had the ďWe have not forgot about youĒ email for literally 12 Months, crazy ino lol, then a week ago i finally got invited to the asessment centre and had it this wednesday just gone, just heard yesterday 2 days after i have passed and been offered a Jobí im absolutely buzzing, its been a year of waiting in suspenseí been like torture haha just waiting for my Provisonal Job Details now etc, cant wait to get started, congratulations to everyone above who has got on aswell, its not easy from my experience haha laugh smile

Edited by zDunny (Sat 07-Apr-18 13:27:36)

Standard User tthom
(committed) Sat 07-Apr-18 15:18:14
Print Post

[re: zDunny] [link to this post]

What age are people getting through to an assessment centre.. Been hearing they are prefering 18-24 year olds

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User zDunny
(newbie) Sat 07-Apr-18 19:23:14
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Hi, in response to your Question iíve just turned 26 and everyone at my assessment day was around my ageí give or take a few years, i don't think they are bothered about age, iíve seen on here early last year guys that got jobs that were in there 40ís, hope it helps smile
Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 10:01:43
Print Post

[re: zDunny] [link to this post]

Yes i am mid forties and start 21st may, i think they are not concerned on age just if you are good enough to do the job, i guess. I hope that helps ?
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 12:34:34
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tthom:
What age are people getting through to an assessment centre.. Been hearing they are prefering 18-24 year olds

Iím 39, turn 40 in December. On my assessment there were about 7 folk I would say are mid 20ís, 3 folk late teen or early 20ís and one guy that looked mid 40ís.
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 09-Apr-18 08:22:49
Print Post

Thanks for the replies at 28 I was wondering if I was going to get thrown off the pile

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Mon 09-Apr-18 13:38:54
Print Post

Anyone else had this? Had any luck?

I am pleased to say you were successful at passing the assessment centre in Warrington, well done!

Unfortunately at the moment there are a limited number of positions available in your area and they have gone to other candidates, so for the moment we are unable to offer you a position.

However the business is still reviewing trainee openreach positions so we may see some changes and we will be in touch if we can find an available role for you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience so far and congratulations again!
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 09-Apr-18 14:07:35
Print Post

[re: Ollie90] [link to this post]

Lots of people had that and then been offered a placement shortly after. Some have had to wait longer but most seem to get an offer eventually.
No guarantees of course since not everyone frequents the forums or discord but you are not alone and you passed so its highly likely youll hear something at some point.

Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Mon 09-Apr-18 18:02:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ollie90:
Anyone else had this? Had any luck?

I am pleased to say you were successful at passing the assessment centre in Warrington, well done!

Unfortunately at the moment there are a limited number of positions available in your area and they have gone to other candidates, so for the moment we are unable to offer you a position.

However the business is still reviewing trainee openreach positions so we may see some changes and we will be in touch if we can find an available role for you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience so far and congratulations again!

Where abouts are you based?

Myself and a few others who have recently completed the assessment centre have had the same email. Youíve passed thats the main thing

Everyone else ive spoken to on here or the discord group who also have had that email have been offerd a position

Remember its only April and the start of a new financial year, its likely the positions havent been finalised in our areas yet
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 00:04:30
Print Post

the wirral, though i did get an email later in the day saying the business has now approved positions in your area. so just waiting on a start day now
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 10:04:46
Print Post

the wirral, though i did get an email later in the day saying the business has now approved positions in your area. so just waiting on a start day now

Im in Chester so not far away. Just sit tight mate and be patient
Standard User Lukem147
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 15:34:41
Print Post

Had my assessment centre on the 4th April, still havenít heard anything back from them, does any know how Long it takes for them to get back to you if your successful or not?
Standard User Dougie665
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 19:27:35
Print Post

[re: Lukem147] [link to this post]

5 working days after your assessment day. If you don't hear from them, after day 5, call/email them.
Best of luck mate.

Try https://discord.gg/M98srEr More current forum
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-18 10:03:11
Print Post

[re: Dougie665] [link to this post]

2 weeks after receiving the passed but no vacancies email, just had a phonecall with a start date for October

So if youve received the same email then dont worry something will pop up!
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-18 13:47:46
Print Post

Wow that's awhile away! Did you put down any leave? Just thinking as Chester is where I originally applied.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-18 13:52:57
Print Post

Wow that's awhile away! Did you put down any leave? Just thinking as Chester is where I originally applied.

No mate. Im still in the army until October anyway

I asked him if he was aware of this he said no, let me check what date we have got for you, 20th October ... suits me sound!
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-18 14:34:38
Print Post

No mate. Im still in the army until October anyway

I asked him if he was aware of this he said no, let me check what date we have got for you, 20th October ... suits me sound!

Ah so did you mention October before he started to mention a date?
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-18 18:36:58
Print Post

I asked if he was aware of how long I had left to serve in the army he said no let me check what date we have, then said 20th October is that ok

Id imagine you will hear soon mate as youre probably not far off the same patch as iíll be on

Ah so did you mention October before he started to mention a date?

Edited by 1534walla (Wed 11-Apr-18 19:33:25)

Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Thu 12-Apr-18 14:35:54
Print Post

Wow got my start date 7th May. So happy...
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Sun 15-Apr-18 15:56:26
Print Post

Wow got my start date 7th May. So happy...

Well done buddy... Iím the 14th. 👍🏼
Standard User MrLloyd
(learned) Sun 15-Apr-18 19:59:13
Print Post

Nice one mate, I was offered 7th or 14th.
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Mon 16-Apr-18 15:27:25
Print Post

Got my start date now 9th of July on BCD can't wait.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Mon 16-Apr-18 20:14:23
Print Post

Got my start date now 9th of July on BCD can't wait.

Well done mate, didnt take long!
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 08:14:34
Print Post

Ollie90 , did they say what area you will be working?

Iíll be on the wirral, heswall
Standard User gonzo1974
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 10:24:38
Print Post

How long did you have to wait to receive a date for Aassessment centre I got my email 29/4/18 Easter weekend and yet still to hear anything back
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 10:36:15
Print Post

Liverpool, which works for me I'm so close to the tunnel I can be in the city centre from home within about 10-15 minutes.
Standard User Ollie90
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 10:41:13
Print Post

[re: gonzo1974] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gonzo1974:
How long did you have to wait to receive a date for Aassessment centre I got my email 29/4/18 Easter weekend and yet still to hear anything back

I got told I was passed to an assessment back in June last year so it can take a little while.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 12:57:01
Print Post

Liverpool, which works for me I'm so close to the tunnel I can be in the city centre from home within about 10-15 minutes.

Probably the same patch based out of a dif exchange

I can be in lípool in about 25 mins up the A41

Where abouts on the wirral are u?

I used to live in Rock Ferry ...

Edited by 1534walla (Tue 17-Apr-18 12:58:44)

Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-18 12:57:49
Print Post

About 3 weeks after passing video interview I had the assessment invite
Standard User Gallant2018
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-18 12:51:03
Print Post

Got my e-mail on Fri 23 Mar and not had any communication since then.

Starting to get my mind prepared for a long wait! Hopefully, something soon but not going to count on it.
Standard User 1534walla
(learned) Wed 18-Apr-18 18:51:28
Print Post

[re: Gallant2018] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gallant2018:

Got my e-mail on Fri 23 Mar and not had any communication since then.

Starting to get my mind prepared for a long wait! Hopefully, something soon but not going to count on it.

Hopefully you hear back soon, but they do say its not a guarantee they will invite you

Just keep tight mate and be patient, they are very busy at the moment
(newbie) Fri 04-May-18 18:25:55
Print Post

Hi all,

Lucky enough to have been offered an assessment on May 23rd. Looking forward to it! Any one else just been offered a date?
(newbie) Tue 29-May-18 20:15:29
Print Post

[re: Gallant2018] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gallant2018:
Hi all,

Lucky enough to have been offered an assessment on May 23rd. Looking forward to it! Any one else just been offered a date?

Sadly enough assessment centre mentioned above was cancelled last minute us there are no vacancies in my area.

Back to the waiting game.

Edited by Gallant2018 (Tue 29-May-18 20:16:18)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to