General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User davek19
(learned) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:48:10
Print Post

Openreach Assement Centre

[link to this post]

Anyone got any tips and advice for coping with nerves during interviews? Feeling quite anxious about them!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:54:59
Print Post

Re: Openreach Assement Centre

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Nothing wrong with anxious, I suspect they would rather see that than cocky as an interview style.

Be yourself, and if you feel your nerves are getting the better of you, then just say ďSorry, if Iím a little nervous, just very keen to be offered a roleĒ or some such. Being honest and genuine are two very admirable qualities an employer would seek.

Good luck.

Standard User davek19
(learned) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:59:11
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thank you. I havenít had an interview in over 12 years so Iím well out of practice. If your mind goes blank is it acceptable to say can I have a minute to think? Thanks again for your advice

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 11:32:43
Print Post

If your mind goes blank is it acceptable to say can I have a minute to think? Thanks again for your advice

I suppose so, that's being honest again isn't it..........

Maybe I'm not the best to listen too, it's been 20 years since I had an interview shocked

Standard User woodster70
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 09:39:14
Print Post

Hi just relax for interview i went into mine slightly nervous but made a decision that they was going to see the real me not an interview me and it worked for me . In my video interview i was relaxed at home so i wanted them to see the same person, it worked for me and good luck.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 14:40:22
Print Post

[re: woodster70] [link to this post]

afternoon all

I have my assessment centre on tuesday

only thing i'm worried about is the documents part

i'm in the middle of moving from my military house to my house back home, as such all my documents contain the wrong address

my driving licence has been updated and i'm awaiting to receive it in the post, however if i click view my licence online it shows my correct address im moving home to

does anyone think this will be an issue? hopefully not and I can scan and send them once i receive things back in the new address?

im currently floating between the 2 , living in my forces married quarter during the week and home on the weekends, until i finally leave the forces in the next few months

Cheers smile
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-18 17:18:03
Print Post

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

I donít think youíll have much to worry about, just explain to them on the day.

Oh and on my assessment day I would say over half of the Openreach staff were ex-forces.
  Print Thread

Jump to