General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sotonvegas
(newbie) Thu 12-Jul-18 10:46:45
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

Yes waiting patiently....... (or not so patiently ha)

I went through last years thread and read it cover to cover. So much useful info (particularly from the lincs lad - thanks!)

Hopefully they arenít winding down recruitment for the year just yet and we get out invites soon. Very keen!
Standard User MMCMME
(regular) Tue 17-Jul-18 18:28:04
Print Post

[re: Sotonvegas] [link to this post]

If you have anymore questions, head over to the Discord forum:

https://discordapp.com/invite/M98srEr

Plenty of us on there at various stages of the recruitment process to help you out!
Standard User Gallant2018
(newbie) Thu 02-Aug-18 10:11:26
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TVvisionengineer:
Anyone else here still waiting for an assessment day invite?

In reply to a post by Sotonvegas:
Yes waiting patiently....... (or not so patiently ha)

I went through last years thread and read it cover to cover. So much useful info (particularly from the lincs lad - thanks!)

Hopefully they arenít winding down recruitment for the year just yet and we get out invites soon. Very keen!

Yup, patiently waiting here.

Getting the monthly 'we haven't forgotten about you, we're running assessments every week throughout 2018' at the moment.

See lots of the 18 plate vans at hotels around my area, so guess they are putting the current recruits through their training before they take on any more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WilliamCool
(newbie) Thu 23-Aug-18 13:06:12
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

I'll leave you a pizza recipe)

1. For the test: mix 1 tbsp. water (40 ° C), yeast, oil, sugar, salt. Leave in a warm place for 10 minutes. Add the flour. Knead the soft dough.

2. Wash the tomatoes. 3 rub the tomato. The remaining cut into halves.

3. Peel onion, garlic, wash, grind. Fry in oil for 2 minutes, pour in grated tomatoes along with the juice. Salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.

4. Wash the Bulgarian pepper, remove the stem and seeds, cut into half rings, fry in oil for 5 minutes.

5. Grate cheese on a large grater.

6. Divide the dough into 2 parts. Roll out a layer of 5 mm, grease with oil, tomato sauce. Spread the pepper and halves of tomatoes, sprinkle with cheese.

7. Bake at 200oC for 8 minutes.

8. Decorate with washed leaves of parsley

Also see this Here!
Standard User Chochy
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-18 15:24:07
Print Post

I wonder if someone can help... assessment next week and feeling a bit nervous about the tests. I read in a thread from last year that they use a site called forskills. Are still the same tests used or have they changed something? Any help much appreciated!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 17:51:21
Print Post

[re: Chochy] [link to this post]

I wouldnít fret too much, common sense is THE single most practical skill youíll need.

And, if Iím honest, some of these noobs recently started seem to be lacking even that.

Good luck.

Standard User Meighan67
(newbie) Tue 18-Sep-18 13:45:18
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I've been waiting on an assessment centre date since May - still no sign of one. Based In Central Scotland, anybody heard anything recently?
Standard User Jimbob2993
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-18 12:50:40
Print Post

[re: Meighan67] [link to this post]

I had my Assessment day last week and received an email today saying I had been successful!

But unfortunately no vacancies in my area, does anyone know how often they get new vacancies or how long I might have to wait as im eager to get started?

Thanks in advance James
Standard User joneboy36
(newbie) Tue 16-Oct-18 05:59:50
Print Post

[re: Jimbob2993] [link to this post]

Hi James.
I'm New to this forum and this is my first post.
Congrats on the offer👍Having gone through the recruitment process ending with the Assessment centre in Swindon last week I got the same e-mail yesterday saying well done you have passed the Assessment day. Unfortunately there are no current vacancies. Bitterly disappointed because there were several jobs with 2 different roles available on the day of the assessment ( we were told this by the course presenter) and having received the e-mail I looked on the openreach website and they are still advertising the role in my area and taking new applications. I am desperate to start. I've offered to work further afield and transfer back when a post becomes available. Have you had any further contact?

Thanks James
John
Standard User DHrs
(newbie) Tue 16-Oct-18 11:07:26
Print Post

Hi,

I attended an assessment centre on the 26th September and have a start date of the 5th November, does anyone else have the 5th as a start date?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to