User comments on ISPs
  >> KCOM (KC, Karoo)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Nov-16 21:06:02
Print Post

KCOM Packages

[link to this post]

It looks like Kcom have added some new packages onto their roster:

- One for Lightstream, which brings in an entry-level package at £32pm, the same as the (existing) entry-level ADSL package, both having a 35GB allowance, but differing in the attached call package
- Two for ADSL, with low-usage pricing: £20pm and £26pm for 10GB and 20GB respectively, both offering on local calls.
Standard User miken06
(committed) Wed 23-Nov-16 19:39:14
Print Post

Re: KCOM Packages

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I think the entry level package at the same price as ADSL makes a lot of sense, users will have a much better experience on fiber. I wonder if/when they will start only provisioning new users on Lightstream if it's available.

What doesn't make as much sense to me is just how many different packages they offer, Lightstream has nine different packages available!

Edited by miken06 (Wed 23-Nov-16 19:42:14)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 15:04:23
Print Post

Re: KCOM Packages

[re: miken06] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by miken06:
I think the entry level package at the same price as ADSL makes a lot of sense, users will have a much better experience on fiber. I wonder if/when they will start only provisioning new users on Lightstream if it's available.

Perhaps that is the start of it. Lightstream can command an extra price because of that "better experience", at least for the early adopters. As you need to target more "mainstream" people, it just becomes an alternative way to deliver internet access.

We don't hear much about how KCOM deal with new-builds. Perhaps they only get fibre.

What doesn't make as much sense to me is just how many different packages they offer, Lightstream has nine different packages available!

Looks like a consequence of the fact that they don't just want to offer "unlimited" to everyone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to