User comments on ISPs
  >> KCOM (KC, Karoo)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Feb-18 14:32:24
Print Post

Sneaky KCOM fibre sales strategy

[link to this post]

KCOM seems to have totally changed their strategy for selling fibre in the last couple of weeks, and drastically increased prices through the back door.

Until recently, the entry-level fibre package (at 50/10 speeds) was the same price as the standard ADSL package, at £32pm. Both with 35GB usage allowance and a call package.

Their strategy (of keeping fibre price the same as DSL price) hasn't changed. (*)

However, the fibre packages no longer offer any entry-level option: the lowest speed is now 150Mbps, and the lowest allowance is 200GB. This means the first fibre package starts at £40 without a call allowance.

Once a UK call package is included (where the minimum price a month ago was £32pm), the price this month is now £45.

Even worse, once the checker detects that fibre is available to you, it only offers you a choice of fibre packages. The ADSL ones have disappeared.

(*) - Strike that. Having looked more closely, the price for 150mbps fibre is £5pm higher than ADSL, and 350Mbps is £10pm higher - when using identical usage and call allowances.

Edited by WWWombat (Wed 14-Feb-18 14:47:18)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Feb-18 17:22:13
Print Post

Re: Sneaky KCOM fibre sales strategy

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Just noticed the revamp of packages, so will have to sit down on Thursday and update listings.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Oct-18 08:59:30
Print Post

Re: Sneaky KCOM fibre sales strategy

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Well if they want to come to my area and sell it to me, sneaky of not I would. I know they can't but they do much better speeds than we get - so why whinge? If you don't want it to take it - but many including me wish we could!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to