Technical Discussion
  >> Linux Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Jul-12 17:42:03
Print Post

Valve

[link to this post]

Apparently Valve may be converting/running under emulation some of their games, as they don't think Windows 8 will be much cop... Essentially, they don't want competition!

Follow me on Twitter. Be* My Blog
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jul-12 20:53:25
Print Post

Re: Valve

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Their arguments against Windows 8 don't make much sense. Funny they are the only ones complaining.

Zen 8000 Pro
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 30-Jul-12 22:42:21
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Given that valve operate steam and they handle the electronic publishing and DRM of a ton a games not just their own.

So it is a pretty big deal if they are not happy with Win 8.

If MS don't listen to them it could already be a nail in their coffin with all the games players, especially as they games players are the early adopters as a rule.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jul-12 13:52:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
Their arguments against Windows 8 don't make much sense. Funny they are the only ones complaining.

There are very many publishers and manufacturers who are warning that there are serious problems with Windows 8. Not so funny!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jul-12 14:18:29
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

From the info that i have read so far on Win 8 it ain't even aimed at the PC desktop, and is too restrictive in that the end user cannot install free apps, and games ,as microsoft think it's a good idea so that they can make even more $$$ by selling what they decide to via the online store that is built into win8 , windows media player isn't shipped with the o/s but from reports you can buy it from microsoft,lol there's even some info about it being restrictive about what o/s it will duel boot with [censored]

So i for one will not be even downloading & installing a cracked & hacked version as i would not waist the bandwidth or disk space or my time ,so microsoft can stick it where the sun don't shine for me

As for steam, i won't use it for games, they expect their software to be used for online game play, which will use more resources , i also will avoid those games that a web browser is required to search and launch the games EXE for online use

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 31-Jul-12 14:32:29)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:55:42
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
From the info that i have read so far on Win 8 it ain't even aimed at the PC desktop, and is too restrictive in that the end user cannot install free apps, and games ,as microsoft think it's a good idea so that they can make even more $$$ by selling what they decide to via the online store that is built into win8 , windows media player isn't shipped with the o/s but from reports you can buy it from microsoft,lol there's even some info about it being restrictive about what o/s it will duel boot with [censored]

So i for one will not be even downloading & installing a cracked & hacked version as i would not waist the bandwidth or disk space or my time ,so microsoft can stick it where the sun don't shine for me

As for steam, i won't use it for games, they expect their software to be used for online game play, which will use more resources , i also will avoid those games that a web browser is required to search and launch the games EXE for online use

Sorry but some of your comments are untrue and misinformed regarding Windows 8. Since when did MS stop people installing free applications?

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:56:33
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Microsoft know more than Valve, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 17:09:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
In reply to a post by tommy45:

Sorry but some of your comments are untrue and misinformed regarding Windows 8. Since when did MS stop people installing free applications?
From what i have read in articles on the www, Win 8 did by default settings at least, but the look of it's GUI doesn't inspire me in the slightest , but apparently on the games front, they (microsoft ) expect users to buy their games via them,
As some have said the next windows version should be a lot better, just as win7 is a lot better than that pile of brown stuff called vista

Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 17:29:52
Print Post

and Blizzard.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Aug-12 23:54:49
Print Post

Indeed - Windows 8 does give a warning message if an application is unsigned but you can still continue with it.

Follow me on Twitter. Be* My Blog
  Print Thread

Jump to