Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Thu 06-Jan-11 20:40:00
Print Post

Safari can't open apple.com pages

[link to this post]

Having looked on the apple.com discussion pages (using Firefox) it appears other people have this problem too (going back to 2009!)

Has anyone found a better answer than...

"Use Firefox all the time!"

smile

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
8Mb Metronet,plusnet ~6.2Mbps at mo frown
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.2
iLive an iLifev.6iWorkv.3What does it all mean
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 06-Jan-11 20:42:18
Print Post

Re: Safari can't open apple.com pages

[re: nonymouse] [link to this post]

I seem to have found a different way around it- I never use FireFox grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Thu 06-Jan-11 20:46:14
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying so quickly Bill....

Can you now explain what you mean???

smile wink wink

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 06-Jan-11 20:50:43
Print Post

[re: nonymouse] [link to this post]

I haven't looked at any comments about it, and it works fine for me, so I just assumed that if you used Firefox it screwed something up so that Safari wouldn't then work properly.

Evidently not the problem, sorry blush

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Thu 06-Jan-11 21:00:56
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

No, my problem is only with Safari... I noticed it first with the support pages and this evening even the apple.com home page (US and UK) every time I get the page saying it has dropped the connection, try again when it's not so busy I try the page in Firefox and it works fine...

I have logged it as a bug with apple and will soon be e-mailing sjobs@apple.com

smile

A

Speedtouch 580
  Print Thread

Jump to