Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Wed 23-Feb-11 22:47:08
Print Post

Surprise? Nah..

[link to this post]

Well.. the MBP Boot Camp is gone, went through it with an Apple Experts help. Strange.

And here is why;

Last night was a night like many others. I fell asleep... and why so strange? Well.. I fell asleep with my MBP, after, many hours looking up ways to bin the Boot Camp partition. Ok.
I had the OS X disk in the DVD-RW in preparation. I would load it into the 12.5GB partition. D'oh. And during my looking up options, I slept. Zzz.zz.zzz...zz..

Still, I awoke in the morn, and OS X had installed. Wha'..? The disk must've loaded itself in. I was left with a nearly complete install of OS X, and nothing else.
Never mind says I, you're not on, says the Time Machine - there ain't enough space on that thar partition. Soo...
I installed 'as-much-as' of it as I could, and WAY-HEY! Nothing showed up of my S/W, etc, etc.

Never mind. Called Apple Genius and loaded OS X in earlier. Fine.

Or so you may think... crazy

OS X loaded earlier, and Time Machine needs to be set up to recognise/read my images.. I put the OS X in, and...
... it won't eject. Nice. Reeeaal nice. Don't you just love not having a drawer on a drive?
I replaced a Panasonic [on old PC] DVD-BD-RW for that same reason.

Have tried using a CD, card, etc to get it out, and, with no luck. Hmm. Apple shall be called tomorrow. Maybe they can advise, before it's called in.

It's fully covered, and OS X disk IS in it. Missing it already lol.

So, what kinda day has everyone else had then...? wink

Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 23-Feb-11 22:50:42
Print Post

Re: Surprise? Nah..

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

I had a DVD stick in when my last iMac went belly-up... got it out eventually by powering up with one finger firmly on the eject key.

Might not work on an MBP but worth a try?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(legend) Wed 23-Feb-11 23:06:13
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

No drawer to play with, Bill.

I am out of any options. We are barely speaking just now... been a rough few hours.. and there has been straight drinks embibed - aye, awa' wie a' you Moderaters - I've HAD LOTS TONIGHT!

Chilled, straight, Oasis... i is pure sober as always. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 23-Feb-11 23:10:46
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Guest_Again:
No drawer on an iMac either, but it still popped out... I don't know the keyboard layout on an MBP, but on my MacBook the Eject key is where F13 would be if it had one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(legend) Wed 23-Feb-11 23:33:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
In reply to a post by Guest_Again:
No drawer on an iMac either, but it still popped out... I don't know the keyboard layout on an MBP, but on my MacBook the Eject key is where F13 would be if it had one.
Same as here.

I've tried as much as I care or dare to. Want to keep it as good as gold. Shall offer it to the Genii.

If they feel that they must Sacrafice, make it as slow... as sloe as a gin @ an AA meet. smirk

All legit - nothing to worry about except all my itunes files / programs... etc. laugh

Standard User AlanH
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:15:30
Print Post

The standard way to get a CD/DVD out if it won't eject is to reboot with the mouse button down.

Alan
Demon since forever, HomeOffice MaxDSL since 2006 via Netgear DG834G router
Mac Pro 2.66GHz 4GBytes / MBP 13" - Snow Leopard plus Centos4 & XP Pro in Parallels
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:17:57
Print Post

[re: AlanH] [link to this post]

I didn't know that... thanks smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:18:05
Print Post

[re: AlanH] [link to this post]

Sometimes you need to do this with a wired mouse too.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:20:59
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I sort of took that for granted tongue

I find it highly advisable to have a USB mouse to hand... sometimes the Magic Mouse doesn't get recognised after its batteries are changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Thu 24-Feb-11 06:51:37
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Problems with an iMac/MBP can sometimes be solved using a basic USB mouse as support for a Magic Mouse/Trackpad has not been loaded. My original Apple mouse has got me out of a hole many times.

Guest_Again... do you have any access to the SL installation screen on your MBP? Can you power off, let it reboot and get access to the Menu Bar? If so, you may be able to get it to reboot from your HD and then you may be able to get the DVD to eject via the keyboard button or by right-clicking the DVD icon. As stated you need a wired mouse to do this.

Best of luck.
  Print Thread

Jump to