Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Mar-11 17:32:05
Print Post

Jobs

[link to this post]

Jobs eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs as a temporary cost-cutting measure until profitability improved.[62] Despite the company's record-breaking profits and $40 billion cash on hand,[63] Jobs has not reinstated a philanthropic division at Apple.
Standard User gilesjuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Mar-11 18:27:06
Print Post

Re: Jobs

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

His money, he can do what he wants with it.

Just because he doesn't go on about it doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. The best charity is given anonymously and without fuss.

Bill Gates's charity work is largely driven by his Wife, there's plenty of criticism of their work here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Melinda_Gates_...

Giles Jones
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Mar-11 02:32:39
Print Post

Re: Jobs

[re: gilesjuk] [link to this post]

True story.

A very large company (you have heard of 'em) gives substantial money (£millions) every year and none of the recipients know, including one for who the largesse was, for a while, it's sole funding.

All paper work is handled on plain white paper via a PO box and staff are forbidden to discuss it (the person who told me would be fired. But she was sick of the bad press her employer tended to get, so confided when a little tipsy and I'd been needling her about something the company had done that annoyed me).

I know you are just doing your usual trolling 12, but for once try to do it in a grown up way. Some of us have been around long enough to have come across Premier League trolls. You are not even Conference standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to