Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(regular) Mon 14-Mar-11 16:55:35
Print Post

Safari Problems

[link to this post]

Is anyone else having problems with Safari since the latest update. I'm finding that pages are not loading at all, hanging or not displaying properly? I've been using Firefox repeatedly to resolve the issue. What is most annoying is when an Apple page won't load on Safari and it will on firefox.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:00:45
Print Post

Re: Safari Problems

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

Can you quote some URLs to try please.

I do not use Safari much, preferring Firefox & Chrome. I've also been having trouble with Apple pages recently in Firefox with hangs, partial loading and not displaying properly. Usually a refresh clears it but sometimes not. I just put it down to Apple's site being busy with all the happy new iPad2 owners wink
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:00:45
Print Post

Not seen any problems here.

Safari isn't my "normal use" browser but it is the system default one, and links from emails, RSS feeds etc have been opening fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dsch
(regular) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:16:01
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I've just been looking at this page in Safari http://www.apple.com/mobileme/features/idisk.html. Opened the same page in Firefox and it was fine. Thumbnail images in Safari are stacked over text.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:20:48
Print Post

Your link is faulty (take the full stop off the end), but apart from that it opens perfectly here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:23:45
Print Post

Fine here as well.
Standard User dsch
(regular) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:27:00
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Copied the link wrong. I found the solution to the problem nestled on an Apple Safari discussion page. Safari-Preferences-Extensions-Turn Extensions Off. It is advised to relaunch Safari, but I have not found that to make a difference. Problem solved just by turning extensions off.

Cheers to all.

Edited by dsch (Mon 14-Mar-11 17:29:05)

Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Mar-11 18:52:40
Print Post

Do you use Ghostery? That cause no end of probs on FF for me, but has been fine on Safari (not update Safari yet, though).

Print Thread

Jump to