Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 21-Mar-11 22:35:43
Print Post

OS X 10.6.7

[link to this post]

Now available.

313.2MB via Software Update here, I'm chickening out until tomorrow tongue
The 10.6.7 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac
Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers
Address various minor Mac App Store bugs

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4472.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Mon 21-Mar-11 22:37:12)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Mar-11 23:11:02
Print Post

Re: OS X 10.6.7

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Hmmm - I'm chickening out for a bit too

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 21-Mar-11 23:25:56
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

I prefer to leave updates until I've got plenty of time, that way I can be reasonably sure I won't need it tongue

Doesn't seem to fix anything that I'm worried about anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 22-Mar-11 11:37:35
Print Post

Installed without fuss on iMac and MacBook, doesn't seem to have broken anything tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Mot
(committed) Tue 22-Mar-11 11:42:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
Installed without fuss on iMac and MacBook, doesn't seem to have broken anything tongue

Same here on my MBP, never have any troubles with updates - bar growlmail gets broken everytime.
Standard User Kiggs
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Mar-11 12:30:25
Print Post

Installed. No issues.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-11 13:29:27
Print Post

Installed last night on iMac and MBP, no issues.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-11 14:29:46
Print Post

Installed just now on MBP #1 - was rather slow in the booting up - seemed to wait for quite a while to get all my desktop up .

Now to go and back up MBP #2 and then do it

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 22-Mar-11 16:06:23
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

I haven't got any historical benchmarks, but a few of my iMac apps that make heavy use of the display in full screen mode (Pinball, Fireplace, DoomsKnight and the Marine Aquarium screensaver) seem to be markedly "snappier", for want of a better word, than on 10.6.6.

Not sure about the iTunes visualiser.

It's the 27" display, running 2560 x 1440 and there's a second 22" display running at 1920 x 1080.

Anyone else seeing anything similar, or have an explanation if it's real?

Just to make it clear- I'm not complaining, just curious grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-11 17:19:16
Print Post

MBP #2 now done smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to