Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Wed 30-Mar-11 21:21:43
Print Post

Small Business Accounts

[link to this post]

What do people recommend for basic business software (in an exclusively Mac household) to support a fledgling Gardening business?

Thinking of Accounting/ invoicing/ time management... +

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
8Mb Metronet,plusnet ~6.2Mbps at mo frown
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.6
iLive an iLifev.6iWorkv.3What does it all mean
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 30-Mar-11 23:55:43
Print Post

Re: Small Business Accounts

[re: nonymouse] [link to this post]

I had a look at a program called accountz a couple of years back which looked really good and not expensive.

This is the LINK http://www.accountz.com/accountz/business-accounting...
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 02-Apr-11 08:56:35
Print Post

Having been a fan of MS Money for years I was very disappointed by the dirth of financial apps for the Mac.

As the other poster said Accountz is an option, I tried it but did not really like it.

I'm currently using iFinance from Synium.

http://www.macworld.com/product/412673/synium_softwa...

IMHO it is not in the same league as MS Money which is the only product I really miss having migrated to an entirely Apple based product set several years ago frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(regular) Sat 02-Apr-11 09:14:07
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Have you tried this before i had a mac a few years ago and used it to install the windows version of Microsoft office as i never liked the mac one or mac alternatives but you can install all sorts of windows software by using it so if you like MS money could give it a try the last time i used it was about early 2009 so i can only presume it supports even more software now lol i am one of the few users who switched to a mac and switched back within 3 month lol.

Ash

-------------------------------------------------------------
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
http://speed.io/pics/4107/0447/speed.io.png
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited

Desktop 1 Intel Core i5 2500 4gig DDr3 1333 64GB SSD 250gig sata 3 HDD 1TB sata 2 HDD Blu-ray RW Nvidia 8800GTS Win 7 Pro
Desktop 2 Intel Atom 330 2gig DDR2 677 250gig sata 2 HDD DVD-RW Win 7 Pro
[img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/ACPSD775...[/img]
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 02-Apr-11 11:12:26
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Hi Ash

Thks for that link... I've not tried Crossover but am currently using Parallels Desktop to run several MS legacy apps on my iMacs. Unfortunately I no longer have access to an MS Money DVD.
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Apr-11 14:24:21
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Crossover won't work with money 2005 (the last uk one) as it has some dotnet stuff I think, but the CD is still floating about on teh internet, if you know where to look. It's kind of pointless now though, since none of the major banks offer a decent statement service.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 02-Apr-11 15:04:56
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

Never actually used the feature that allowed me to link from Money to the bank systems. I kept records offline on Money and then used them monthly, manually, to verify the accuracy of my bank statements. This was many years ago... all that is now redundant with online banking.

Guess we can close this one?
Standard User AlanH
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Apr-11 22:51:40
Print Post

I use a PC program in Parallels that was the precursor to Accountz to handle Treasurer accounts I operate. I looked at Accountz when it was first released, but wasn't impressed. Maybe it's better now. I decided to stick with their old Personal Accounts software as (a) it works for me, and (b) a PC package means I'm more likely to be able to engineer an exit when I want to give up these treasurerships.

I have heard good things about Mind Your Own Business (MYOB) in the past. It is/was a Mac-native application, and probably covered most of what is needed in a small business, but it looks as if it has been subsumed into Mamut Software now. Maybe their AccountEdge product is an option?

Alan
Demon since forever, HomeOffice MaxDSL since 2006 via Netgear DG834G router
Mac Pro 2.66GHz 4GBytes / MBP 13" - Snow Leopard plus Centos4 & XP Pro in Parallels
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Apr-11 23:17:59
Print Post

I've used a cut down free verson of Quickbooks before (might still be about on the Intuit UK website) which does the accounting and invoicing (though not the time management - the full version of QB does that, I think).

Was limited to something like 20 customers in the free version, but could get you up and running.
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Thu 07-Apr-11 22:06:04
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Thanks to all for comments...

Plenty to think about...

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
8Mb Metronet,plusnet ~6.2Mbps at mo frown
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.6, iPhone4
iLive an iLifev.6iWorkv.3What does it all mean
  Print Thread

Jump to