Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Tue 26-Apr-11 21:42:45
Print Post

New Game...

[link to this post]

To stop everyone else getting embroiled in BatBoy and Billford's little spat on the other thread about location services....

I've just had an idea for a new game...

Who is the most mobile iPhone owner and the least...

I just downloaded the app ( http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/ ) and watched the video of my travels....

On the World view it looks like a lot just west of London (curiously where I live), Istanbul (Business Trip), London again, Las Vegas (Business Trip) and back to the UK... What fun- tells me exactly what I can remember

Happy for anyone who wants to see it, but I bet there'll be someone who travels a lot more than I do and conversely someone who never leaves the house in which case their blobs would just presumably sit over their house and grow bigger.

smile

A

p.s. just have to work out how to record the video to post it.

p.p.s. just noticed I was in two places at same time- that must have been after I exchanged my ancient work Crackberry for an iPhone and only took one of them on a trip

p.p.p.s. Apparantly I spend the majority of my time near Soho... You're right, not the sort of Data I want to let my wife to get her hands on!!! smile :0 smile

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
8Mb Metronet,plusnet ~6.2Mbps at mo frown
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.6, iPhone4
iLive an iLifev.6iWorkv.3What does it all mean

Edited by nonymouse (Tue 26-Apr-11 21:52:33)

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Apr-11 21:58:05
Print Post

Re: New Game...

[re: nonymouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nonymouse:
location services
Apple NewSpeak™.
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Tue 26-Apr-11 23:02:04
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 12eason:
Apple NewSpeak™.

No.

irony 1
noun ( pl. -nies)
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.6, iPhone4

Edited by nonymouse (Wed 27-Apr-11 07:50:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 00:14:55
Print Post

That's sarcasm not irony.
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Wed 27-Apr-11 02:47:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by nonymouse:
Apple NewSpeak™.

No.

irony 1 |ˈīrənē; ˈiərnē|
noun ( pl. -nies)
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

A
Uh-huh, got another word for that one ~ Disingenuous ~ A marvellous term of phrase. I have used that on many occasions. It can be the cause for many a smile in some, agreements by others, and the rest calmly agreeing, making the first group roar with laughter.

Nice. I love words.

Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Wed 27-Apr-11 07:50:02
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

That's sarcasm not irony.

sarcasm

noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

So If you had said it it would have been sarcasm, but as I said it it was irony, as I don't have a problem with them being called Location Services.

Now we've got the english lesson over, can we please discuss the subject of the OP??

A

Speedtouch 580
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 11:24:19
Print Post

That's entirely up to you.
  Print Thread

Jump to