Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bingefeller
(learned) Thu 28-Apr-11 21:42:11
Print Post

BT Infinity - Disconnection

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

I got BT Infinity yesterday and I am very happy with it. Tonight there was an issue where my computer lost connection for a few seconds and then it came back on. My sister, who uses a PC, also lost her connection so it's not an error with my computer.

Here's my log readout:

28/04/2011 21:30:27 configd[13] network configuration changed.
28/04/2011 21:30:27 configd[13] setting hostname to "Gareths-MacBook-Pro.local"
28/04/2011 21:30:32 kernel AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 6 (Frame received from nonauthenticated STA).
28/04/2011 21:30:43 kernel Auth result for: 0********:40 MAC AUTH succeeded
28/04/2011 21:30:43 kernel AirPort: Link Up on en1
28/04/2011 21:30:43 kernel AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1
28/04/2011 21:30:44 configd[13] network configuration changed.
28/04/2011 21:30:44 configd[13] setting hostname to "unknown"

I was wondering if anyone can throw some light on to what may have caused this? I'm guessing the Smart Wireless thing, but I can't be sure.

Any ideas?
Standard User bosie
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Apr-11 10:13:15
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity - Disconnection

[re: Bingefeller] [link to this post]

If i'm not mistaken it looks like an authentication issue, probably to do with the wireless encryption. What choices do you have for setting this? Also try the usual interference trouble shooting by selecting a different wireless channel - boring but can be significant.

bosie
Standard User stniuk
(committed) Fri 29-Apr-11 18:37:14
Print Post

[re: bosie] [link to this post]

I too am with BT Infinity and suffer from the exact same thing, never had it with previous isp.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 29-Apr-11 19:02:41
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

Just a thought- doesn't Infinity use dynamic IPs?

If so, might be worth keeping a note to see if your IP changes when it happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Bingefeller
(learned) Fri 29-Apr-11 21:35:04
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Interesting. I'll have to keep a track of my IP address and see if it changes at anytime.

Just something of note - I checked the log again tonight and bt.motive logged on at the same time as yesterday and I didnt experience any problems. I'm guessing whatever this motive thing is they just upset my connection in some way. Hopefully it wont happen again and, if it does, it'll just reconnect itself and everything will be OK. smile
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 29-Apr-11 21:51:20
Print Post

[re: Bingefeller] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bingefeller:
whatever this motive thing is
I'm pretty sure that it's the system that BT use to automatically update the router firmware... but I don't know much about it.

I've only used a BT modem/router once for some tests, and all I needed to know about the auto-update was how to disable it tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to