Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Aliturk
(experienced) Wed 22-Jun-11 18:38:56
Print Post

Final Cut Pro X

[link to this post]

Seems Apple have dumped the Final Cut Studio Suite concept, integrated Color and are selling Motion and Compressor as stand alone apps.

link

And only available from the App store but much cheaper. It looks like it iMovie Pro, or iMovie looks like Final Cut express.

The forums are far from happy
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jun-11 19:39:21
Print Post

Re: Final Cut Pro X

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

Forums are full of wailing fanboys who can't be bothered to do the most basic research though...

Standard User Aliturk
(experienced) Wed 22-Jun-11 19:57:32
Print Post

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

i have to admit that, having recently renewed my mac which came with iMovie 11, I rather liked the logic of it. If Final Cut X followed a similar logic it wouldn't bother me , though I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. Though I do want the new compressor as it will encode to blu-ray using H.264 rather than just Mpeg2

I see posts saying you can't trim in and out points other than with the mouse which I find difficult to believe

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gilesjuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jun-11 22:48:01
Print Post

A more modular app is a good thing.

That's the whole problem with Photoshop and other applications, if you buy the "light" version and find it doesn't do enough then you're screwed and have to buy the more expensive version.

At least with this you can buy as little or as much as you want.

Even after buying the whole bundle it will still be cheaper than much of the competition, which is why Apple got their foot into the door in the film editing market.

The previous version doesn't stop working either.

When I bought Logic Studio after using Logic 7 it seemed a bit odd at first, but 30 minutes later I was working so much faster.

Giles Jones

Edited by gilesjuk (Wed 22-Jun-11 22:50:23)

Standard User Aliturk
(experienced) Wed 22-Jun-11 23:16:15
Print Post

[re: gilesjuk] [link to this post]

I agree it's a good thing, I wasn't implying otherwise. it was frustrating that the only way to upgrade compressor was to buy the whole final cut suite
Standard User gilesjuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jun-11 23:18:29
Print Post

£179 is pretty cheap for such a tool.

I'm sure it will all settle down, i think they're admitted it's a bit of a work in progress.

Giles Jones
  Print Thread

Jump to