Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 07-Jul-11 10:50:42
Print Post

iTunes Customer Support

[link to this post]

Are rubbish.

I bought a series pass a few weeks ago and downloaded the first episode with no problem. Since then two more have become available, but no notification email and nothing on "Check for available downloads".

I've waged a minor war for over a week with CS, nothing but anodyne reassurances that "It is being looked in to, thank you for your patience, have a nice day" mad.

So last night I got fed up and they got my "fix it or else" email... this morning I got the email informing me that the outstanding episodes were available for download, and it worked smile

Now I know how to deal with them tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jul-11 10:53:24
Print Post

Re: iTunes Customer Support

[re: billford] [link to this post]

By making empty threats? Do you really have any alternative to itunes on the mac?
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:02:43
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 12eason:
By making empty threats? Do you really have any alternative to itunes on the mac?
As usual, you miss the point- who said anything about alternatives to iTunes?

The threats weren't empty- they'd entered into a contract with me and were failing to comply with their own terms and conditions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gilesjuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:10:12
Print Post

Better than some of the other marketplaces. They have a 7 day refund policy, it's something like 24 hours for Google.

Giles Jones
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:10:38
Print Post

You were going to sue them then?
Standard User gilesjuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:12:10
Print Post

There's plenty of alternative mp3 players.

With iOS5 you'll be able to avoid using it as you won't need it to activate the phone or update the OS code.

Giles Jones
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:12:37
Print Post

[re: gilesjuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gilesjuk:
They have a 7 day refund policy, it's something like 24 hours for Google.
It's 14 days for a series pass... which I'd bought 18 days ago frown

Otherwise I'd simply have taken that route.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:15:45
Print Post

You were going to sue them then?
As the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction, my possible future courses of action are

a) irrelevant and

b) none of your business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:36:32
Print Post

I don't understand. You've posted about it in detail on a public forum and now it's none of our business?
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 07-Jul-11 11:40:26
Print Post

I don't understand. You've posted about it in detail on a public forum and now it's none of our business?
Your comprehension skills are not my problem, nor have I given any significant amount of detail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to