Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jul-11 14:10:22
Print Post

WAP password problem

[link to this post]

Got a new Belkin Router last year and it was set up for me [ me no good at this sort of thing :( ] WAP was set up for me [ 2 MBPs and a PC lappy ] .

Today had to have another battery put in my main MBP and got home - fired it up and it wants my WAP Password [ sees the router fine ]

Not sure of the password - have tried 2 I thought it was, but no joy .

Can anyone suggest a way of finding it ? The other 2 machines are online using wireless .

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg

Edited by goldenoldie (Mon 18-Jul-11 14:11:29)

Standard User defcom
(experienced) Mon 18-Jul-11 15:16:30
Print Post

Re: WAP password problem

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Look in your keychain.

----------------------------------------------------------------
iMac 27" i7 3.4GHz 16Gb/ram, OS10.6.8, Netgear DGN2000

BE* Unlimited
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 18-Jul-11 15:23:12
Print Post

Log on to the router via one of the other wireless machines and you should be able to cut and paste the password.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jul-11 15:29:14
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

This is weird

I left it alone - attached to the Ethernet cable so it was online and I had shut off airport. I left it in peace to charge the new battery whilst I went on a GRAND search for the password I needed.

I've just been back to it , since inspiration had dawned and I had found where I'd hidden the password laugh

Took out the ethernet cable , switched on Airport and the darn thing connected without me doing a darn thing .

Now why would it decide to do that 3 hours after I first tried to get it to connect ?

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 18-Jul-11 15:37:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by goldenoldie:
Now why would it decide to do that 3 hours after I first tried to get it to connect ?
It is said that computers have no soul... this is true, they are possessed by devious, malevolent little goblins whose sole aim is to make your life as difficult as possible grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Boats and ... [New]_______________BQMs: IPv4, IPv6 & Speeds
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 18-Jul-11 15:58:55
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Ummh, I'd say it's either the man who lives under her bed or the evil monkey which lives in her closet. wink
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jul-11 16:56:34
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Agreed - mind you I bet a windoze machine would not have done that laugh

(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jul-11 16:57:22
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH !!

It weren't either of them - honest it weren't laugh

Print Thread

Jump to