Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Aliturk
(experienced) Tue 16-Aug-11 23:28:36
Print Post

10.7.1 out

[link to this post]

The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion

Edited by Aliturk (Tue 16-Aug-11 23:29:14)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 16-Aug-11 23:37:57
Print Post

Re: 10.7.1 out

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

Also:
Resolve an issue in which an admin user account could be missing after upgrading to OS X Lion.

Think I'll hang on for another point update or so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User craigglawson
(regular) Tue 16-Aug-11 23:59:00
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I bought a machine with Lion pre-installed, that shouldn't be affecting me surely?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 17-Aug-11 00:04:34
Print Post

[re: craigglawson] [link to this post]

I wouldn't imagine so, but I'm still running Snow Leopard.

I normally log in with a Standard account, but I would have been rather less than amused if I'd upgraded and my Admin account had gone missing... and if they can miss an upgrade bug like that, I'll wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Aliturk
(experienced) Wed 17-Aug-11 00:40:54
Print Post

I was hoping they'd cure the mess up with audio rendering which happens with Lion and Final Cut Pro X. I'd roll back to snow leopard, but as far as I can tell, you can't roll back Mail, it's a one way street, but I hope someone proves me wrong.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Wed 17-Aug-11 10:05:38
Print Post

10.7.1 has fixed an intermittent problem I was having with my WD Elements 1TB external drives. Finder would 'see' them but could not always access the content. Applied to a Core i5 Air and an iMac Core 2 Duo.
Standard User Mitchy_mitch
(experienced) Wed 17-Aug-11 13:04:26
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

It's a shame it has not resolved the time machine issue with the WD mybookworld nas drive, or most nas drives to be precise.

(legend) Thu 18-Aug-11 22:09:31
Print Post

Lion takes a wee bit longer to boot up compared to SL, but I STILL like it and some of the extra's. I s'pose.

_
Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Fri 19-Aug-11 05:21:23
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Guest_Again:
Lion takes a wee bit longer to boot up compared to SL, but I STILL like it and some of the extra's. I s'pose.

Don't agree. It's perhaps the way you install. Did you upgrade an existing SL or go for a 'clean' install? I wiped one of my iMacs and installed Lion. Re-installed all apps, Photoshop & Lightroom being the main ones. Performance is better, boot-up is certainly quicker.
Standard User stniuk
(committed) Fri 19-Aug-11 09:26:36
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Did an upgrade install, mine is certainly slower. I don't mind so much as I switch on and go and make a cup of coffee before sitting down.
It's seems to be taking longer before it gets to the Apple showing. I have a bootcamp partition and of course the recovery partition. It could be something to do with that, or maybe not.

Edited by stniuk (Fri 19-Aug-11 09:28:37)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to