Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 13:33:55
Print Post

Dead iMac

[link to this post]

After just over one year my iMacs HD has died (Knew I should have got AppleCare on it). The cost to replace is not too bad though, I was expecting it to be more. The LCD panel had also developed marks on it (not dead pixels though), the tech tells me that the marks are under the front of the panel. He has contacted Apple and they will replace the panel even though the warranty has expired. Good one Apple. smile

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 14:41:47
Print Post

Re: Dead iMac

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

I've found Apple very helpful in the past -1) a battery out of warranty [ so not covered by Applecare ] just not working properly was replaced without question FOC .

2) A MacBook [ the white variety ] which was a real lemon - even the techs felt it wasn't great and it was replaced again just before its warranty expired . They even agreed that I could upgrade to the MBP by paying a little bit instead of insisting it was the MB or nothing

I can't see past Apple from my experience - though I know that some have not had the same experience as me

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 15:05:18
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

I've only ever had to have a repair on one other Mac and that was my Performa 630 (my first Mac) back in '96, the monitor failed (Bad batch apparently ) but the base unit never gave any problems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Sep-11 14:53:05
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Yay, now fixed!, picked it up yesterday afternoon and spent most of the evening restoring from a Time Machine backup.

New LCD panel has no bad pixels either, plus no marks on it. All now back to normal (!).

Print Thread

Jump to