Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Mon 26-Sep-11 19:43:48
Print Post

NICE STORE / SERVICE IN BRAEHEAD APPLE STORE!

[link to this post]

I [eventually] went to the new Apple Store in Braehead, Glasgow. I had an appointment @ 1pm so I got seen-to on time. Woo-Hoo!! wink

That Apple Store only opened last Monday and, it was very busy. and VERY beautiful. There are plenty of lovely MacBooks / iPads / Other Devices on show, and plugged in / ready to play-with...//..er..Test. laugh

Haven't been to the other Glasgow Apple Store, but that one is closer to me, and easier to get to. It certainly gets MY thumbs-up! It was VERY busy, with lots more coming in all the time.
It looks like the Apple Macintosh [and associated hardware/cables/tools] may even get a few more customers the rate it's going.

There is another Apple Store in Glasgow already - with [afaik] one also in Edinburgh - so that makes THREE Apple Stores in Scotland. That is not even nearly enough imo.
There are other shops that sell Macs etc, but it's not quite the same. That's just in MY opinion.
There were some people just buying leads etc, but they could save small fortune buying compatibles [or genuine] ones online - the difference in price[s] can be phenomenal, and often IS. Shocking really, I know.

Anyway, just thought that I'd mention how lovely (and impressive) that the Store was. Do NOT enter the Apple Store[s] with anything else other than A: A large amount of available cash, 2: The contents of [/a]: Someone elses bank, : With a very happy, generous friend, or, [/c]: With your [two] = friends (Smith & Wessonsmirk), or [/f]: Someone WITHOUT dyslexia, then/gosub-2>'DO'±Al/lTheAbove-Ge/tting.Caught=Well.Done±<=GoTo:You.Bin.Rumbled!

grin

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Wed 28-Sep-11 07:04:06
Print Post

Re: NICE STORE / SERVICE IN BRAEHEAD APPLE STORE!

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

Agreed. It is nice. Also a lot handier/closer for me as the one in Glasgow is in the city centre with limited parking. Always been impressed with Braehead and full marks to the designers for providing more than enough parking spaces for the size of the mall.

FWIW there is not a (branded) Apple store in Edinburgh, just a third party retailer offering Apple products, much as PC World, Comet and other retailers do. There is an Apple store in Aberdeen.
(legend) Wed 28-Sep-11 12:55:27
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Good that Glasgow has two of thee in Scotland. Aberdeen is a wee bit too far for me.

My friend recommended one of the staff to me - it's nice of her. winkwink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Sep-11 13:45:40
Print Post

Ain't been over there yet .

For me Buchanan Street = free bus trip to Argyle Street and a wee walk [ excercise is good for me they say ;) ] up Buchanan Street to the shop - even shorter walk for the bus to go home smile

Braehead - looooooong bus journey [ well 2 each way ] or take the car

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
(legend) Wed 28-Sep-11 14:31:24
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Ouch! So there is no chance of bumping into you there then?

Aww..frown

No tea/coffee for you!

laugh

(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Sep-11 15:50:59
Print Post

You never know.

Could do with a Genius finding out what's constantly running on this machine - fan is on far too often and the battery never has more than 2.75 hours when it's not plugged in [ new battery this year because of battery not holding a charge for long ]

Yes as advised I run it on battery roughly once a week till it dies frown

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
(legend) Wed 28-Sep-11 17:34:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by goldenoldie:
You never know.
Then fine - the Earl Grey shall be on me. smile

Erm, does 'McD's use el-cheapo tea-bags, and if not, who does/will..!?

*Guesty re-ties sporran after [[i]virtually] offering to buy a cuppa. ooo

J/K - My wallet will always manage. just PM me. wink

(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Sep-11 18:19:29
Print Post

will do smile

It could be fun

(legend) Wed 28-Sep-11 21:44:27
Print Post

Shall look forward to it. smile

It would be fun.

Print Thread

Jump to