Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(regular) Sat 22-Oct-11 18:48:43
Print Post

iPhone 4 Synch Problems

[link to this post]

Ever since I updated to IOS 5, when I plug my phone into my iMac, iTunes no longer automatically opens and begins to synch. In order to synch, I must first open iTunes and it then more often than not begins a synch. Anyone experienced this? Is there a solution to the problem? Thanks.
Standard User AEP
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Oct-11 19:14:29
Print Post

Re: iPhone 4 Synch Problems

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

My iPad opens iTunes and starts synching. This is on Windows 7. The only real glitch that I have noticed with IOS 5, apart from a few third-party apps, is a tendancy for Safari to crash at fairly frequent intervals.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Oct-11 21:06:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by dsch:
Ever since I updated to IOS 5, when I plug my phone into my iMac, iTunes no longer automatically opens and begins to synch. In order to synch, I must first open iTunes and it then more often than not begins a synch. Anyone experienced this? Is there a solution to the problem? Thanks.

There is a tickbox in iTunes saying "open iTunes when connected". You might be backing up to iCloud depending on the settings on your iOS device - and you can also sync with iTunes via WiFi if your Mac is on the same WiFi as the iOS device.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sun 23-Oct-11 04:24:03
Print Post

Running IOS 5 on an iPhone 4S and 10.7.2 on an iMac.

Connecting my iPhone to the iMac iTunes automatically starts and runs a sync. Check your settings in iTunes.

In Devices > Summary

Verify that the 'button' Backup > Backup to this computer is selected and that Options > Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected is ticked.

Also, in iTunes > Preferences look in the Devices Preferences dialog box and ensure the 'Prevent iPods iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically' is not ticked.
Standard User nonymouse
(experienced) Sun 23-Oct-11 07:52:09
Print Post

Certainly seems a lot slower than it used to be for me with same set up (iPhone 4, iOS5)

I'm getting spinning BeachBall a lot more...

[Activity Monitor says that Safari is using a lot of CPU resources... maybe something to do with SWMBOs habit of leaving 4-5 Safari Windows each with 10 tabs open at all times?!? Will try when all closed]

I didn't change any settings.

A

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
8Mb Metronet,plusnet ~6.2Mbps at mo frown
Speedtouch 580
DualCore Intel Mac Mini (Leopard), G4 Dual 1GHz(Leopard): OSX 10.5.8; G3 PB (no screen), OSX 10.4, MacBook (Snow Leopard)10.6.6, iPhone4
iLive an iLifev.6iWorkv.3What does it all mean
  Print Thread

Jump to