Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 10:06:19
Print Post

iTunes Match

[link to this post]

Now in UK (among others) after a false start.

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 22:34:08
Print Post

Re: iTunes Match

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

Apple has launched its music streaming and "cloud" storage service iTunes Match in the UK, allowing the technology giant and music industry to generate revenue from years of illicit downloads.

The ambitious upgrade to Apple's iTunes Music Store was introduced in the US in November, but was made available to UK users yesterday.

The service replicates all music stored on a user's computer including illegally-downloaded material and tracks ripped from CDs with better-quality alternatives from its own "cloud" for £21.99 a year.

lololol. I doubt very much itunes has a massive library of flac files.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 22:39:33
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

Ah. Junior Troll is in the house.

Senior can't be far behind.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 16-Dec-11 22:42:07
Print Post

Better quality is not synonymous with Best quality.

English is a tricky language, but I'm sure you'll have got the hang of it when you've grown up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 22:52:54
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Er, if I have flac, then 'better' is obviously going to be either flac or better. Hence: I doubt they have a library of flac files.

I think you are having trouble understanding my point billford. I can draw a picture for you if it'll help?

(moderator) Fri 16-Dec-11 22:56:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by 12eason:
Er, if I have flac, then 'better' is obviously going to be either flac or better. Hence: I doubt they have a library of flac files.

I think you are having trouble understanding my point billford. I can draw a picture for you if it'll help?
The phrase used was "....ripped from CDs with better-quality alternatives from its own "cloud"..." so the comparison is with music ripped from CDs, which for iTunes is AAC.

The comparison is not with whatever you have your nursery rhymes stored as... like I said, English is tricky until you've had a lot of experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 23:11:37
Print Post

I have some shocking news for you billford: It is perfectly possible to rip a flac from a CD. I'm well aware that itunes uses AAC, which means that it will not be a better alternative.

(moderator) Fri 16-Dec-11 23:16:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by 12eason:
I have some shocking news for you billford: It is perfectly possible to rip a flac from a CD.
Yes, I know, but it may have escaped your limited attention that the article is about iTunes- the capabilities of other applications are not within its scope.
I'm well aware that itunes uses AAC, which means that it will not be a better alternative.
You really are displaying your limited abilities with a no doubt unfamiliar tongue... the point is that flac (or .wav or whatever) from the Cloud would be a better alternative to the format the user had locally in their iTunes library.

I'm glad we've got that cleared up, once again I am pleased to accept your apology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Edited by billford (Fri 16-Dec-11 23:22:58)

Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-11 23:23:05
Print Post

It says nothing about using itunes to rip the CDs. It refers to ALL of the music on someone's computer, regardless or where it came from.

(moderator) Fri 16-Dec-11 23:26:51
Print Post

Your apology is accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to