Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(member) Tue 03-Jan-12 19:12:45
Print Post

iPhone Synch Problems

[link to this post]

Since upgrading to iOS 5 I have been experiencing synch problems with iTunes. iTunes is up to date and I am running the latest version of Snow Leopard. What started out as a nuisance has now become an irritant and I'd welcome advice or the comfort that others are experiencing the same problem.

When I connect my iPhone to my iMac, iTunes does not automatically open and begin to synch ( all of the settings on both the iPhone and the iMac are set for this to happen.) I must first open iTunes and then the synch begins, simply a nuisance. Over the last couple of days the phone has now failed to synch at all. I must first quit iTunes and then reopen and then the phone usually synchs, an irritant. I have jumped through all of the hoops with Apple Tech Support, reinstall iOS 5 and reinstall iTunes. It solves the problem, but only for a while. Then, back to the same problem.

Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 11:56:09
Print Post

Re: iPhone Synch Problems

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

This may sound a little silly but......

Have to tried checking or replacing the sync cable?
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jan-12 23:24:00
Print Post

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dsch:
Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

My understanding is with iOS5 the iOS device doesn't auto sync when connected. iTunes might open depending on the setting when you plug the USB cable in, but it doesn't auto sync. You have to click the Sync button - which can be pressed either on iTunes, or in Settings on the iOS device.

Sync on iOS5 is done in the background, so you can still use the iOS device whilst it is syncing.

Unless you're using WiFi sync, and iTunes is running on your computer, when you plug the power into the iOS device, it will start syncing.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dsch
(member) Sat 07-Jan-12 21:46:52
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Fixed with the help of a senior Apple Tech Support guy in the States. Removed a load of .plst files, and a significant amount of other files, before reinstalling iTunes. The entire process took an hour! So far so good.
  Print Thread

Jump to