Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jan-12 15:59:49
Print Post

IMAC EXTERNAL SPEAKERS

[link to this post]

Anyone recommend some decent external speakers for my 27inch Imac.i have a set of creative Gigaworks T40 serious 2 but this only has a single green plug which i normally connect to the back of my previous pc.

There is 2 holes at the back of the imac and 1 is for head phones and a similar one does not do anything when i put this jack plug in if thats its correct name.

When i look at the settings for sound nothing is recognised for sound and i have tried searching the web to see if these t40 are compatible but can not find anything related to these and a imac.

Looking for some decent ones even though the sound on the internal imac are quite good i would like something with a bit more clarity and volume .

Looking at the external connections on the imac and apart from the 4 usb ports and a couple of others the imac compatible speakers will obviously have a connection I'm not familiar to.

Thanks.
Standard User Duck
(regular) Thu 05-Jan-12 16:15:56
Print Post

Re: IMAC EXTERNAL SPEAKERS

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I have the Gigaworks T20 connected to Mac by the headphone socket on the rear and they work fine, should be the same for you.

Orange Max
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jan-12 19:32:04
Print Post

[re: Duck] [link to this post]

I put the green plug into the connection at the back of the imac same as you but i got nothing just a buzz from the speakers..............If this is the case what are your settings and what do i have to change to get them working.

When i looked in the settings i saw no option to run external speakers,do i need to download anything to get these creative speakers working like a driver or something.

Please explain what your settings are mate if you dont mind and what exactly are you seeing on your imac in the sound settings.

UPDATE..........

Sorted it mate just had to do what you suggested and change a setting to headphones like you suggested,cheers matey just saved myself a fair bit of money.

To be honest i was sure something would work but having a lack of patience i might have gone out and bought some apple speakers or something similar.

Nice one.

Edited by time2die (Thu 05-Jan-12 19:41:42)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User w4man
(freechataholic) Thu 05-Jan-12 20:56:24
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

JBL with sub woofer - they connect via the headphone socket. Then go for Airport Express and Airfoil and stream it through your hi fi if that is not enough.
  Print Thread

Jump to