Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User captainmouse
(member) Wed 11-Jan-12 16:08:39
Print Post

Thumbs up to Apple

[link to this post]

in 2008 I purchased a macbookair I use it on a daily basis. just before christmas it developed a crack in the plastic between the hinges (below the screeen above the keyboard) booked it in for an appointment at the apple store.

the hinges have gone frown this means the screen needs replacing as well as the hinges so I left it with them as if not sorted it will totally disintingrate and I will lose picture. Also I couldn't afford a new one.

they discovered during testing that the logic board also needed replacing and called me to let me know. I went to pick it up dreading the size of the bill (just before christmas and skinter than a skint thing) and it came to.........

Zero! so even though it is out of warranty no charge if I had to pay it would have been over £400 so big thumbs up to Apple smile

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by captainmouse (Wed 11-Jan-12 16:20:17)

Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jan-12 16:48:30
Print Post

Re: Thumbs up to Apple

[re: captainmouse] [link to this post]

Love 'em or loathe them, their customer services is really good laugh

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Wed 11-Jan-12 17:26:14
Print Post

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by metalhead41:

Agreed. I've had the hard drives in two out of warranty iMacs replaced for free when they started to become 'flakey'. I'd run Drive Genius diagnostics on both, taken in printed copies of them along with the afflicted iMacs to my local store and they were replaced while I waited. They even offered to install Lion which was not necessary as I maintain full backups.

Apple products may be expensive but their follow-up service is unsurpassed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Thu 12-Jan-12 00:39:22
Print Post

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by metalhead41:

Yes and they still can make a healthy profit. Try the above with HP, Acer or Samsung.
Standard User pcologist
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 07:02:48
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

I appreciate what you are saying..But I find that I must speak as I find, I have had excellent service from both Acer and Samsung there has never been a problem with them on genuine defects to their machines they have always been more than generous and to be quite honest HP are a little long winded but their service support in genuine cases has been very creditable.
I will say that a good 80% of machines that come through maintenance are abused or have been interfered with in one way or another that is all types Apple and PC and on the whole the manufacturers are more than fair with us.
  Print Thread

Jump to