Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Fri 27-Jan-12 21:07:17
Print Post

Okay, I went and did itů

[link to this post]

I was supposed to have a hospital appointment yesterday and they failed to send the transport. Okay, I have been awake since 7 o'clock and was sure that I wasn't going to waste the rest of the day..

ů So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to visit Braehead shopping centre for a change. It had been a while after all. smile
I took a look at a few stores and then suddenly it happened. Before me stood the mighty Apple Store - it was a vision of much beauty and wisdom. I had to go inů
The staff were busy, very busy in fact. A veritable treat indeed. There is much wisdom in the fine city of Glasgow!

I went up to see the iPhone 4S after asking where abouts they were (blinking excellent apple staff, I'm so jealous LOL).
Went for the 64 GB model along with a couple of other accoutrements. The staff were extremely helpful and took the time to show me different cases for the phone. I had explained that the best case & the best phone was the 3 series, as the cases where much easier to hold. I was shown a case that suited my needs are so way superbly and if I had known that, I would have bought it for the iPhone 4. No matter. I have it now LOL. wink

I got given a card to go back and get my setup for me.
After a little more shopping and are strong coffee I went back into the Apple Store. It was an excellent experience and I got to know 3 more of the staff. Always good IMO.
I already brought in the 4 so it was quick enough when I went back in. in fact, my 2 iPhones had microsims in them with the same number LOL. I was given a new Microsim too. this is what you call service!

So that is me for now, it has indeed been an interesting couple of days. smile wink

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 27-Jan-12 22:11:30
Print Post

Re: Okay, I went and did itů

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

I was supposed to have a hospital appointment yesterday and they failed to send the transport.

Maybe if you paid/provided your own transport you would have made the appointment? Surely if your capable of geting to and from the shopping centre and the money for two iPhones your capable of geting to your appointment saving the tax payer and NHS your taxi bill?
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Jan-12 07:59:18
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Nasty - ever tried managing to park at hospital ?

Even with a blue badge it can be a virtually impossible task - I once spent 45 mins cruising round a Glasgow Hospital parking area [ with multiple carparks on Site ] and finally had to give up and turn and go home.

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(legend) Sat 28-Jan-12 22:19:45
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hmm... Yes, I seeů Uh-huh, Very insightful thoughts butů No, if only you knew then the world would be a much more highly informed placeů Have you thought of becoming a super sport and tell me who the blinking flip you are??
Just as a matter of fact you understand. Lol. tongue

In the much quoted - and revered - Spanish waiters pigeon English (in YOUR own words too) "I know ah-nothing!" crazy

Well said, droog! grin

*Nota bene: The truth really is out there... And couldn't be further from that 'anon' (yes, of course we don't have an inkling, really lol).

Standard User MadMan
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Jan-12 22:41:42
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

I never have trouble parking at hospital.

I just park in the staff car park, as it's cheaper smile

plusnet
(legend) Sat 28-Jan-12 22:53:51
Print Post

I worry naught at his empty drawl. wink

My 4S doesn't worry either.. Got my new appt. through today with transport arranged. Sorted. [Eventually]. It's long overdue since my op and the _*****_ is long overdue.

Been on anti-biotics since op & hadn't been able to go out since. Longer story cut short. winkgrin - it better get sorted. End of.

TYVM G-O smile

(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Jan-12 23:08:01
Print Post

No worries - I have to see GP on Monday and will , if she says what I expect her to say , be asking her to sign my forms for a Blue Badge

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
(legend) Sun 29-Jan-12 04:22:05
Print Post

Good luck for you on that one - if you have any bother, you can use mine. wink

The orange badge that I started with was better - better before they stopped you parking on double yellow lines. Aye, changed days... laugh

(legend) Sun 29-Jan-12 04:40:24
Print Post

[re: MadMan] [link to this post]

Nicely nicely! wink

If you're ever up in Glasgow, then pop in for a cuppa, you could check my phone line - fair enough? There will be a few drams in it for you, and a bottle too. wink

I'm teetotal anyway.

(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Jan-12 07:27:32
Print Post

Don't come out my end of Town then.

Local Shopping Centre has a car park on its roof with a limited number of disabled spaces . It's now been taken over by a money grabbing company and after a heck of a fight we can park for 2 hours free but after that everyone , and this includes Blue badge holders have to pay !! Charge isn't too bad , admittedly , and if you over stay your time you just go and pay up at the Meter before leaving the car park - or you get hammered by HUGE fines. There's been lots of complaints about the fines.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to