Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Tue 31-Jan-12 11:53:49
Print Post

Great, butů

[link to this post]

The iPhone 4S is a fantastic phone, much more powerful/faster than the 4. Siri can be fun except for only being able to locate businesses and the USA. I just look forward to when they get it sorted for the UK.
It is a little bit of an annoyance but the phone more than makes up for it. For now. :?

Can't wait for the update and thenů Maybe that will be out with iPhone 5.

Will not worry about it just now, I'm too busy enjoying it - especially with my new case that makes it as easy to hold as my excellent iPhone 3G S. Fantastic. wink

Guesty. smile

Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jan-12 18:32:19
Print Post

Re: Great, butů

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

Have they added the ability to turn off 3G without turning off cellular data yet?

It's the only thing that's stopped my company using iPhones. Considering how patchy the 3G signal is in most of the country, it's a staggering omission. I guess Apple had their reasons, can't think of a sensible one though.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Jan-12 20:19:05
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

They've put it back in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Wed 01-Feb-12 20:43:19
Print Post

Yes, you can turn off to the Bluetooth and not affect the cellular data. I'm using the latest IOS.

Can't wait until they get Siri to access businesses outside of the US. that is the only pain. it comes in very handy for a lot of things.
You can also turn of the audio quietening that SJ introduced (iirc?) to 'protect' the ears of users. I'd use boom anyway LOL. laugh

IMHO, it's great and, is better than the iPhone 4, for me at least.

Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Feb-12 21:13:48
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Guest_Again:
You can also turn of the audio quietening that SJ introduced (iirc?) to 'protect' the ears of users. I'd use boom anyway LOL. laugh
Where do you do this? It's a bugbear of mine at the moment..
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Feb-12 22:55:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by SamsonUK:
Have they added the ability to turn off 3G without turning off cellular data yet?

Not on the 4S yet, but it switches over to 2G very well, so I've not had any problems where I am.

It's the only thing that's stopped my company using iPhones. Considering how patchy the 3G signal is in most of the country, it's a staggering omission. I guess Apple had their reasons, can't think of a sensible one though.

I think the only reason I've read that makes any sense is the 4S is the first iPhone that supports both CDMA and GSM networks (mostly for the USA) and the CDMA networks don't want such a switch.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to