Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 15:43:33
Print Post

IMovie...Help

[link to this post]

Hi guys got a 27inch Imac and i have never tried to make a movie and upload something before and i think with this system there is this option.

Anyway opened Imovie and made a unboxing of the Playstation Vita only to go on to Youtube and for them to tell me it was the wrong format or something.

Anyway youtube tells you what to do but this seems to be impossible as the options are not there.

Actually tells you to go to the top then Click on share and use quicktime to convert the movie,sadly all these options are greyed out so I'm unsure how i make a video and how i can actually upload them to places such as youtube.

I dont think its possible to put a video on this site but just a link to the movies i have made.

If anyone could give me a simple step by step guide explained extremely crystal clear like they are talking to a idiot it would be much obliged.
Standard User gcrosbie
(newbie) Tue 21-Feb-12 17:16:11
Print Post

Re: IMovie...Help

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You should be able to upload directly to YouTube from within iMovie. Here's what to do if you are running iMovie 11 (the latest version).

1. Click on the Share menu on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
2. Click on add account to add your YouTube account details
3. Fill in the other information on the form and click next
4. On the next screen click "publish" to convert your movie and upload it to YouTube. (It will take some time for it be added to YouTube) but it will eventually appear there.

Hope this helps.

Graham
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Feb-12 17:42:15
Print Post

[re: gcrosbie] [link to this post]

Also, do not put any quotation marks in your tags - it breaks upload.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Feb-12 00:54:46
Print Post

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

Cheers guys i will give it a go tomorrow,not sure what version it is but this Imac came 6 months ago installed with Lion.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-12 01:08:53
Print Post

[re: gcrosbie] [link to this post]

There is no add account option and like i said everything is greyed out ........There is a Youtube but all i can actually use in the drop down menu is Remove at the bottom,all the other 12 options are greyed out.

Yes it is imovie 11
  Print Thread

Jump to