Pages not loading properly may have nothing to do with your network prefs. See below for the things I'd try
1. You have tried resetting your router to defaults and then reconfiguring (if needed) and seeing if that resolves things?
2. You have tried resetting Safari or os this an issue that affects all browsers?
3. Have you tried creating a new user account on your Mac to see if that account is affected in the same way as your existing one?
4. Have you tried using Google's DNS server (220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168) or your ISPs ones if you know them?
5. When deleting the prefs did you remove the files to be found in Root/Library/Preferences/System Configuration ? (JUST THE NETWORK ONES AND MAKE A BACK UP COPY OF THE FOLDER FIRST) Your Mac should redetect the ports on the next reboot and allow you to configure from scratch.
The original 32 bit junkie now snorting pure 64. Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 2 Macs, 2.5 Hackintoshes, 3.5 PCs, iPhone, OS X, Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu.
Rehab is for quitters