Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Sun 26-Feb-12 10:05:43
Print Post

Imacs and ps3

[link to this post]

I have a quad core i5 27 inch imac, is it possible to use the screen for a ps3, if so how do i get the adapters to do it, as the mini display port on every mac seems different. Have read many articles on the web some seem to say yes others not without expensive add ons.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 20:31:05
Print Post

Re: Imacs and ps3

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by janitor:
I have a quad core i5 27 inch imac, is it possible to use the screen for a ps3, if so how do i get the adapters to do it, as the mini display port on every mac seems different. Have read many articles on the web some seem to say yes others not without expensive add ons.

I think the iMac has a mini DisplayPort input yes?

then you would need a signal convertor to convert HDMI output on the PS3 to DisplayPort input. These are expensive, around £123 if you can find the Belkin adaptor. http://www.avforums.com/forums/11313635-post26.html

Another one: ($140)
http://www.kanexlive.com/xd

For those prices, you could probably get a 22" screen at the local supermarket with HDMI ??

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Edited by jchamier (Tue 28-Feb-12 20:32:17)

Standard User janitor
(experienced) Fri 02-Mar-12 19:52:06
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I have just tried the Kanex, and it works a treat shame they don't tell you in the instructions how to switch from iMac to ps3 and back again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robvxr
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-12 11:48:36
Print Post

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by janitor:
I have just tried the Kanex, and it works a treat shame they don't tell you in the instructions how to switch from iMac to ps3 and back again.

Sorry if i'm late here, it's CMD + F2 to switch inputs smile

BTBroadband

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 03-Apr-12 19:48:22
Print Post

[re: robvxr] [link to this post]

Eventually found out by searching for it using google, but it's a bit strange leaving it out of the instructions.
  Print Thread

Jump to