I swear it didn't used to be this bad. I think it's getting slowly worse. I almost got in a temper and threw the iPad in the dustbin tonight. I'm starting to think Windows is good - yes, that's how bad it's getting.
Nothing, but nothing, loads first time. You have to hit refresh, and maybe again, and wait...and wait...and wait.
I'm not aware of having altered anything. It's not my wireless router, because Windows laptop and Symbian phone, both also using it, work fine.
I've tried doing a complete reboot. I've tried renewing the lease. I've tried "forgetting" the connection altogether, and connecting as if to a new and previously unknown network.
I've tried switching DNS servers (Plusnet's own to Google DNS, and back again).
None of it makes a blind bit of difference. Page downloads still move at the speed of glaciers...
It's seriously interfering with the useability or usefulness of the iPad, now.
I've just tested with the BBC news page. After 20 seconds, most of it was visible, but the progress bar still hadn't completed. Another ten seconds before it it finally finished.
30 seconds per page. It's like trying to do it on dial-up. No idea what else to tweak.