Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-12 10:46:05
Print Post

iTunes messing up Albums

[link to this post]

iTunes likes to create multiple Albums for tracks that are in the same Album. Is there a way to fix this.

I.E track 1 is on it's own in one Album of the same name and all other 11 tracks are in another Album of the same name.

This is really annoying if wanting to listen to the whole album.

Worse yet some times iTunes puts every single track in it's own Album even when the Album is the same name, very annoying!

Missing art work is another issue with iTunes, even for Albums that you can buy from iTuens it can't find the art work if you have the real CD and have imported.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2

Edited by 5km (Sat 08-Sep-12 12:48:06)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 08-Sep-12 11:08:44
Print Post

Re: iTunes messing up Albums

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 5km:
iTunes likes to create multiple Albums for tracks that are in the same Album. Is there a way to fix this.
I've had this, it's a pain. I've usually managed to sort it out by playing with various entries under Get Info => Sorting, but haven't found a consistent method for all situations- it's "suck it and see" I'm afraid frown
... it can't find the art work if you have the real CD and have imported.
Find the album on iTunes Store (or Amazon etc) and copy/paste the artwork image tongue

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-12 11:20:43
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Weird thing is the albums show correctly on my iPhone.

Yeah just been google image searching for the artwork ... saves scanning the CD case.

Still you'd think Apple would have this sorted by now.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 08-Sep-12 11:30:00
Print Post

Haven't got an iPhone so can't comment on that tongue

I can't remember what I did on all occasions, but I do remember one of them- most of the tracks showed both Artist and Album Artist as "ArtistA", but for one track they were both shown as "ArtistA & ArtistB"; iTunes put this one in it's own album.

When I changed the Album Artist on the odd one to just "ArtistA" it displayed correctly.

I think the other occasions required some similar fiddle.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-12 11:39:55
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Everything matches exactly apart from track name and number which obviously are/need to be different. iTunes still won't have it!

I wonder if I delete and import the CD again it would work???

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Sat 08-Sep-12 11:46:29
Print Post

This may or may not apply in your case.
If the Artists are different i.e. Ronan Keating on the other tracks but Ronan Keating ft Lady Gaga on one track they may appear on different albums. If you Select the tracks then right click get info then goto to options tab.
Click the check box part of a compilation and select yes next to it and then ok. If the Album name is the same on the tracks they should merge into one album.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 08-Sep-12 12:09:00
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stniuk:
Click the check box part of a compilation and select yes next to it and then ok. If the Album name is the same on the tracks they should merge into one album.
That rings a bell... I'd forgotten that I've built up "Dummy Albums" using that idea, with tracks from completely unrelated sources and artists!

Bill
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-12 12:09:50
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

That worked smile thanks.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User offcs
(newbie) Sat 08-Sep-12 12:44:41
Print Post

iTunes relies on the spelling from the imported track and the information on the CDDB to sort tracks, so if anything is wrong with the info on the imported tracks that will be reflected in iTunes. Even a space or a change in case can cause a problem. (in your question you have written 'signal' when you meant 'single')

To correct these, select all the tracks of the album by holding down the Apple (command) key and press Apple & the 'I' key, or choose 'Get Info' in the File menu. From there you can correct the album name of all the tracks in one go.

For album artwork, surf Amazon or search the web for the cover, copy it and open the info window as above. Under the 'Info' tab is an artwork well. Paste the artwork in there.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-12 12:49:57
Print Post

[re: offcs] [link to this post]

I'd already got the answer I needed. I get the feeling you only replied to point out the mistake in my original post.

How about you find something better to do with your time?

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to