Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Sun 23-Sep-12 06:51:21
Print Post

This is NUTZ!! Very pleasing (iPhone5)

[link to this post]

I am STILL playing with this bad-boy iPhone5 and just this minute ago I recorded my own vibrate?!? It goes all over the iphone and can have different intensities - it's all up to you!

Very configurable. Very nice indeed. Get one NOW! wink

Apple should have a health warning sign over it's door as when I when I went in y/day I almost bought the new MBP and an iPad.

In fact, if I were ever was to manage a 'third' marriage I would have-to marry one of those stores!! grin

Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Wed 26-Sep-12 12:10:28
Print Post

Re: This is NUTZ!! Very pleasing (iPhone5)

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

Having had the best part of a week to "play" I am overall pleased with the phone. For me, I am not going to compare it to the 4S since I had a Galaxy Note in between.

All I can say is, it is extremely fast, very responsive and I have not suffered any of the issues reported over at teh Google, other than, the battery life is not very good. Indeed, worse than the 4S in comparison and indeed worse than the Galaxy Note, which was not great.

Still a lovely bit of kit though, I will see how I get on with battery life and may take it back to Apple to take a look/swap out if necessary.

Looking forward to a compatible docking charger next, have already ordered a case.

How does one make the phone "vibrate" tunes?
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Sep-12 12:43:16
Print Post

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

I cannot understand why manufacturers use space-saving technology to make their devices even smaller and lighter when existing devices are compact enough for most purposes. Why not use the extra space to fit a bigger battery? I would much prefer a longer battery life than a phone that is a millimetre thinner than the last model. I still use my trusty Nokia 3510i. OK, it's not a smart-phone and the display is terrible but it does what I need and I only have to charge it once a week.

'Sir, please,' she said ... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Ian M. Banks - Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Wed 26-Sep-12 12:47:37
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Also, the finger print resistent screen, well......isn't....
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 26-Sep-12 22:10:33
Print Post

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NaNook:
How does one make the phone "vibrate" tunes?
This?
Custom Vibes
Do not forget about the customization available in iOS 5, such as custom vibrations. By tapping on the glass the pattern you want, holding down you finger for longer notes, you can create exactly how you want your phone to vibrate. You can assign these vibrations to a contact or use them system wide.
How to do it?: Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on Custom Vibrations under Hearing. Then, go to Settings > Sounds. Scroll to the bottom, and there’s Vibration Patterns

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Wed 26-Sep-12 22:13:41)

Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Thu 27-Sep-12 13:57:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I am still waiting for Apple to come out with a case for this - My iP4 "Speck" case is phenomenal.

Apple don't even have a screen protector for the 5, or didn't when I bought the iPhone on Saturday there.

I can wait. Almost nearly... wink

- Aarrgh! Oi've (maybe) started AGAIN!! SEE BELOW!!!! shockedmad

SOME iPhone 5 tips. grinwink

Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Thu 27-Sep-12 14:16:52
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

http://www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk/products/Gear4-iPhon...

Got myself one of these as a stop gap until the proper bumper case comes out, though, I am quite keen to have the back protected so may well keep this one if it is any good.

Looking forward to a dock charger.
  Print Thread

Jump to