Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 14:14:15
Print Post

Samsung 8 SERIES 3D ALLSHARE AND A IMAC ISSUE

[link to this post]

Hi all
Just bought a Samsung smart television 3d and all that stuff,trying to get it to connect to a Apple IMac I have in office upstairs so I can stream media such as pictures,music ect.

Have it connected to the Internet no problem through home plugs which work a treat ,but I see this Samsung Allshare does not seem compatable with Mac.

Router is a Netgear 3700 so I downloaded and installed a program called Mybobili which I installed on the Mac but I still can not see this on the Samsung tv.

Does mention opening ports or something but I'm not sure where and how to do this,I was wandering if anybody had similar issues and could point me in the right direction how to get the mac to talk to the samsung tv.

Or alternatively give me some other install options and easier media sharing with other program's

Many thanks.

Already put this in the television forum but got no suggestions or replies so thought i would try it in the Apple forums.

I reinstalled this TVMOBILI but still can not see the program on my Samsung TV,could be some router problem with ports and i have UPNP on but i still don't see it.

Be honest i have not got a clue regarding opening of ports and stuff and many router configurations settings,router is a Netgear DGND3700

Edited by time2die (Mon 07-Jan-13 14:24:08)

Standard User defcom
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 15:48:31
Print Post

Re: Samsung 8 SERIES 3D ALLSHARE AND A IMAC ISSUE

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Try this one http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/about/

Download http://www.ps3mediaserver.org

----------------------------------------------------------------
iMac 27" i7 3.4GHz 16Gb/ram, OS10.8.2, Netgear N900

BTinfinity

Edited by defcom (Mon 07-Jan-13 15:49:51)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:17:32
Print Post

[re: defcom] [link to this post]

Thanks for that mate but it seems to be basically for a Playstation 3 and i much prefer to use the samsung new tv for finding the media i require.

Might have a look at it though even though i very rarely use my Playstation 3 at present,was hoping this TVMOBILI which seems to have a nice interface would do the trick,i think it will once i get through a couple of Netgear Router settings and this is where i think I'm going wrong.

TVMOBILI is compatible with a Mac and i have heard very good things about it regarding media sharing,just a pity Samsung Allshare has no support for Apple Mac which in all honesty is Madness given the people that are running Apple O/S.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User defcom
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:25:45
Print Post

It says it supports "Samsung televisions"

This from its log.
Loading configuration file: Samsung-SMT-G7400.conf
Loading configuration file: SamsungAllShare.conf
Loading configuration file: SamsungWiseLink.conf

And loads many others for support.

----------------------------------------------------------------
iMac 27" i7 3.4GHz 16Gb/ram, OS10.8.2, Netgear N900

BTinfinity

Edited by defcom (Mon 07-Jan-13 16:29:20)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 20:41:01
Print Post

[re: defcom] [link to this post]

So are you saying that if I download and install this program then I can see it on the samsung tv and don't need to use the playstation 3 to view and play media files.

Cheers mate anyway.
Standard User flippery
(member) Mon 07-Jan-13 21:27:32
Print Post

Not tried it, but this may fit bill.
Has server for Mac and App for Samsung TV.
Would be interested if it works.
Could never get TVMobili to work myself.
http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 00:26:51
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

You must be a mind reader as i installed it on the samsung and mac tonight,will see if anything happens tomorrow when i check it all out.

Plex is actually a program you can install from your TV in the smart page with Samsung Apps.

Sorry mate is see you actually mentioned the Samsung app yourself.........interface on the mac looks nice and i have added folders but i dont think i have sussed it out yet..........Will try tomorrow.wink

But thanks for the info.

Edited by time2die (Tue 08-Jan-13 00:28:40)

Print Thread

Jump to