Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xela
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Mar-13 16:27:38
Print Post

USB flatbed scanner recommendations

[link to this post]

Hi all

I'm looking for a cheap A4 scanner that will work nicely with my MacBook, ideally with the built in software and without any extra manufacturer software.

It's for low volume, occasional scanning of bills, contracts, payslips, important letters, and so on so photo quality isn't important.

What would people recommend? I've no real desire to get a printer or all-in-one solution because space is at a premium.

Ta
Standard User xela
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jun-13 16:04:42
Print Post

Re: USB flatbed scanner recommendations

[re: xela] [link to this post]

in case anyone was interested, my chosen solution was Genius Scan on the iPhone, which lets me create multi page PDFs. I'm then saving them on Google Drive so I can access them from anywhere.
Standard User tonym
(member) Fri 14-Jun-13 18:41:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by xela:
Hi all

What would people recommend? I've no real desire to get a printer or all-in-one solution because space is at a premium.

Ta

Actually, I thought that was the idea of All In One's to save space. smile

tonym

Edited by tonym (Fri 14-Jun-13 18:42:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Mon 17-Jun-13 10:49:34
Print Post

You really want to your contract, payslips and other important information on a public storage like Google drive? I know that your data is supposed to be safe, but I would not want to trust that to Google or any other large organisation.

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Wed 19-Jun-13 07:44:08
Print Post

Most Epson Scanners work fine with OS X (10.7.5) using the built-in drivers. Personally, I prefer an AIO printer and use an Epson Stylus Office BX535WD which, again works with the built-in OS X drivers and has a reasonably small footprint.
Standard User xela
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Jun-13 16:23:11
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
You really want to your contract, payslips and other important information on a public storage like Google drive? I know that your data is supposed to be safe, but I would not want to trust that to Google or any other large organisation.

I agree that there's a risk but it's small and probably not significantly higher than keeping these documents at home, where theft is also a possibility.
  Print Thread

Jump to